PaulB bbs feeder issue

squatchaquarist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a PaulB designed BBS feeder for my future mandarins. In a trial run, it seems that the BBS are not making it all the way down the tube into the feeder and start rising back up with some air. I cut off the funnel because I suspect it was too far above the water line. I’ve also sucked air out of the container with a turkey baster but still cannot get the brine naups to go all the way into the container.

I suspect it’s a pressure issue but how do I fix this?

963B49B7-61C0-4BEC-A89E-945446DF633D.jpeg 3A93B045-5238-43BE-A066-A853CFF3DBA7.jpeg

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow with tank water to push them all the way down. Or even just air, but I use tank water

OP
OP
squatchaquarist

squatchaquarist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow with tank water to push them all the way down. Or even just air, but I use tank water
Am I supposed to drip the BBS "dry" into the funnel first? Then follow with water/air? If I take the feeder out of the water the BBS goes down no problem, but I'm sure that is not really the point of this thing! :p

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I supposed to drip the BBS "dry" into the funnel first? Then follow with water/air? If I take the feeder out of the water the BBS goes down no problem, but I'm sure that is not really the point of this thing! :p
What I do is drain the hatch into a syringe with the hatch water. ( Which is the same sg as my tank,)
Squirt it slowly down the Ridgid airline tubing I used and follow with some tank water if I need to.

Usually I don't need to.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back