Pause Apex Alarm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyway to pause an alarm? For example, when my ATO level sensor goes off it takes me a day or so to get around to refilling it and during this time I get constant alerts. Is there a way to pause the alarm for specific events like this?

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would it if there was a convenient way to ignore the alarm trip for a number of hours. I don’t think there is. I manually turn the alarm off in Fusion until I get around to correcting the thing causing the alarm.

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would it if there was a convenient way to ignore the alarm trip for a number of hours. I don’t think there is. I manually turn the alarm off in Fusion until I get around to correcting the thing causing the alarm.

How do you manually turn it off in fusion? Thanks

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you manually turn it off in fusion? Thanks

On your Fusion page you have something like the attached image. Move the alarm sliders to off and that will stop audio warnings, emails, texts.

7BEDB3E9-039E-49D5-A4C4-230CB29442FF.png

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On your Fusion page you have something like the attached image. Move the alarm sliders to off and that will stop audio warnings, emails, texts.

7BEDB3E9-039E-49D5-A4C4-230CB29442FF.png

Ahhhh. Now that you say that it's pretty obvious but I totally overlooked just sliding it to off. Thank you!

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turning off the alarm output is not a good thing to do. I'll go so far as to say it's a really BAD thing. A good way to handle non-critical alarm conditions is by use of a virtual output. Here is an example for low ATO reservoir:

[ReservoirLow] (a virtual output)
Set OFF
If ResLow OPEN Then ON
If Time 08:01 to 19:59 Then OFF
If Time 20:01 to 07:59 Then OFF​

Then test the state of that virtual outlet in the email program:

[EmailAlarm]
{your existing programming}
If Output ReservoirLow = ON Then ON​

This assumes that the float switch or optical sensor named ResLow is OPEN when the water level in the reservoir is low. If the water level is low, the VO will only turn on for 1 minute at exactly 8AM and/or 8PM, thereby also only turning on the alarm output for 1 minute twice a day.

Voila! You get a reminder that the ATO reservoir needs to be refilled just twice a day, and at convenient times of your choosing. And this also eliminates the big problem of forgetting to slide the email tile slider from OFF to AUTO. Even more importantly, other much more critical alarms can still come through.

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turning off the alarm output is not a good thing to do. I'll go so far as to say it's a really BAD thing. A good way to handle non-critical alarm conditions is by use of a virtual output. Here is an example for low ATO reservoir:

[ReservoirLow] (a virtual output)
Set OFF
If ResLow OPEN Then ON
If Time 08:01 to 19:59 Then OFF
If Time 20:01 to 07:59 Then OFF​

Then test the state of that virtual outlet in the email program:

[EmailAlarm]
{your existing programming}
If Output ReservoirLow = ON Then ON​

This assumes that the float switch or optical sensor named ResLow is OPEN when the water level in the reservoir is low. If the water level is low, the VO will only turn on for 1 minute at exactly 8AM and/or 8PM, thereby also only turning on the alarm output for 1 minute twice a day.

Voila! You get a reminder that the ATO reservoir needs to be refilled just twice a day, and at convenient times of your choosing. And this also eliminates the big problem of forgetting to slide the email tile slider from OFF to AUTO. Even more importantly, other much more critical alarms can still come through.

Even better. I'll give this a go. Thank you!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 40 31.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back