• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Pax Bellum Arid Algae Reactor N24 (and optional Varios S4)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this ARID new from Unique Corals in December of 2017. I only ran it a few months before deciding to go with a traditional refugium since I have the space.

The ARID is in almost new condition and only used a few months. I mounted my original power supply in a hard to reach location so the unit will come with a new power supply (I ordered this directly from Pax Bellum). Note, I cleaned the reactor out pretty darn good but there is still some minor remnants/coloration from the algae on the elastic bands that hold the algae in the chamber. I'm sure further cleaning / bleaching could get it to like new condition if you're inclined.

The unit also comes with the factory quick disconnects which go for $75 extra. Note, these are custom made for the arid and are different than the stock flow rite connectors you can buy aftermarket.

The samaple Pax Nitrate (250 ml) and Iron (60 ml) supplements that came with the unit new will be included. Nitrate is unused and Iron is still more than half full from what I can tell.

Total cost of the unit new was over $900 delivered. Asking $700 shipped.

I also have an almost new Varios S4 pump used solely for the Arid reactor. This is also in like new condition and perfect size for the ARID reactor (I was getting 190 - 200 gph with this pump on my setup measured with a apex flow meter). I will include the Varios S4 for an additional $200, so $900 total shipped for the Arid and pump.

Discount for local pickup in Orange County, CA . Not in a rush to sell so please no low balling.

IMG_20180421_172949.jpg IMG_20180421_173003.jpg IMG_20180421_173030.jpg IMG_20180421_173036.jpg

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back