Pax Bellum N18 not reducing nutrients

Baboon7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hello everyone, I have been using the Pax Bellum N18 for about 3 months now and it does not seem to reduce my nutrients. I clean and remove 1/3 of the cheato about once a week and the nitrates never go below 6.8 and the phosphates stay around .28 ( both tested with hanna checkers). I have a 90-gallon display with a 25-gallon sump. I dose .4 ml of the iron/maganese supplement by pax Bellum throughout the day using a Neptune Dos. I have 13 fish and I feed twice per day using an autofeeder and feeding ring, marine S pellets and algae extreme pellets, and about every other day I do a third feeding of 3 cubes of frozen mysis. Below are my parameters and equipment: Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated

Mechanical filtration

Aquamaxx fleece roller
Reef octopus regal 250 protein skimmer

Flow
2 Mp 40s on 80 percent reef crest during the day and 50 percent nutrient transport at night
Jebao 8000 return pump

Parameters (all testes by Apex and trident)
Alk- 9.3
Cal - 443
Mag - 1350
PH - 8.14- 8.32
Temp- 77.7

Lights
2 Radion xr15 Blues set to 100 percent point intensity on an 8 hour light cycle

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is the light left on? If nitrate is not decreasing, then it might be in a sprt of equilibrium.

Btw 6.8ppm nitrate is perfect and going low only risks more problems as you approach 0

OP
OP
B

Baboon7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I have the light on for 15 hours opposite of my tanks peak photo periord. I'm not as concerned with nitrate as I am phosphate being .29. I'm starting to get some brown/green on the sand

OP
OP
B

Baboon7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hello everyone, I have been using the Pax Bellum N18 for about 3 months now and it does not seem to reduce my nutrients. I clean and remove 1/3 of the cheato about once a week and the nitrates never go below 6.8 and the phosphates stay around .28 ( both tested with hanna checkers). I have a 90-gallon display with a 25-gallon sump. I dose .4 ml of the iron/maganese supplement by pax Bellum throughout the day using a Neptune Dos. I have 13 fish and I feed twice per day using an autofeeder and feeding ring, marine S pellets and algae extreme pellets, and about every other day I do a third feeding of 3 cubes of frozen mysis. Below are my parameters and equipment: Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated

Mechanical filtration
Aquamaxx fleece roller
Reef octopus regal 250 protein skimmer

Flow
2 Mp 40s on 80 percent reef crest during the day and 50 percent nutrient transport at night
Jebao 8000 return pump

Parameters (all testes by Apex and trident)
Alk- 9.3
Cal - 443
Mag - 1350
PH - 8.14- 8.32
Temp- 77.7

Lights
2 Radion xr15 Blues set to 100 percent point intensity on an 8 hour light cycle
Also all tests* not testes lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back