1082ab1bc9c0d399c8ef10ea1b544abb.jpg

fccfc5f9b05bfa5a8240d2b4d2ccb4ed.jpg
9458323ea07f8df1bbb139cabd57e13e.jpg

Night Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried many times to contact them without a reply was why want to take it over and rebuild it but I guess not

Night Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replied to the message I got even though I was never given access. I gave it one last try what do we got to lose. It would be nice to keep the website. Oh well can’t say we didn’t try

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up receiving an email regarding the club breakup but never was accepted after request. Almost as if they didn’t want it to continue.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the FMAS frag swap over the weekend and talked with the couple who runs Hobe Sound Frags. Nice people who I ended up buying some frags off of. They run it out of their home and sounds as if they have somewhat of a client base. With that said, I wonder if we could ask them to help “recruit” some more interest in a new club.

Night Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a great idea. We still have a lot of planning to do. We need to get 3 or 4 of us on a pow wow to discuss.

I to signed up and believe the same as you they didn’t want it anymore

Daimyo68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PBMAS

I was the last Pres of that club.

After being in that club for many years it was decided that the club would be dissolved due to the lack of member and officer participation.

The club at its best when I moved here, had plenty of active members and officers, but declined over the years to no activity at all. Even offering free events amd free corals at those events, participation was lacking to a point where events would only have officers showing up.

It was sad to see it come to that, but with only 2 active officers and no feedback from members (and I mean 0 even after several mass emails, posts, etc), it was time to stop.

Refunds were issued to members of 12 months or less. Mass email sent about dissolution, all bills and liabilties resolved, all assets and monies donated to local palm beach non for profit organizations.

That being said. The PBMAS domain should be available. If it is not, and someone would like to try amd get it going again, please just PM me here (or on any reef related forum as my username is the same on all of them), and I will do my best to assist in getting the domain name info for you.

Also, I believe thay there are still pbmas banners, etc., which I would be happy to give to the new club officers.

I've been in reef clubs spanning all my years in this hobby, from NY to Florida, been an officer in some capacity in most, and without a doubt can say that Palm Beach is a tough crowd. Officers before me and while I was a member and officer tried everything to get ppl involved, but it was a long tough struggle that sadly came to an end.

I would love to see an active club here in palm beach again.

Daimyo68

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back