PE Mysis contains what ingredients?

Gweeds1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the oil theory... I make all my own fish food. I used to use whole fish, shellfish, algae / nori etc and it froze hard... was difficult to break off the sheet without bits flying everywhere.

Then I started also adding omega 3 capsules... nothing else changed and I guess omega 3 is at most 5% of the total. Now it doesn't freeze hard at all. It's soft to the touch and I can easily break bits off without it splintering.

If PE is 8% fats, then I can totally see why it wouldn't freeze hard. I don't think they're not putting ingredients on the package, it's just they are using gut loaded and more oily mysis... which can only be a good thing imo.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the oil theory... I make all my own fish food. I used to use whole fish, shellfish, algae / nori etc and it froze hard... was difficult to break off the sheet without bits flying everywhere.

Then I started also adding omega 3 capsules... nothing else changed and I guess omega 3 is at most 5% of the total. Now it doesn't freeze hard at all. It's soft to the touch and I can easily break bits off without it splintering.

If PE is 8% fats, then I can totally see why it wouldn't freeze hard. I don't think they're not putting ingredients on the package, it's just they are using gut loaded and more oily mysis... which can only be a good thing imo.
Omega 3 capsules? Can you tell me which ones you use? I'd be interested in trying them in the food I make. My food is often so hard it's hard to break off a chunk. The omega 3 may be good for them and solve that problem.

Gweeds1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omega 3 capsules? Can you tell me which ones you use? I'd be interested in trying them in the food I make. My food is often so hard it's hard to break off a chunk. The omega 3 may be good for them and solve that problem.
Where in the world are You? I'm in the UK and just use whatever is in the supermarket... currently these:
0a615e88793240608a7e5d8a216900e5.jpg

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met , talked to and later sat with the pe mysis crew and CEO at the awards dinner at Macna. The food is on the up and up.

Here's the thing. Thereyr all gut loaded and hufa's are added. If you freeze several shrimp they don't make a cube so they use it as a binder or They fall apart like a bag of shrimp at Costco and consumers don't want it because it's not convienint.

You can call and email the company and with a few exceptions they will tell you what's in it. It's a small company and there pretty cool folks.

There's no antifreeze in it.
Ya and HUFAs are a little oily themselves - Selco is a good example of the consistency.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know I switched to mostly Larry's and or Rod's food lately. It's cleaner and I can just drop it into a magnetic food dispenser and walk away. I don't trust it.

ungug.jpg

Nstocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything telling in the colour of PE mysis versus other brands blister packs?

To me PE looks lighter in colour whereas all others are quite dark

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back