Pearlscale Butterfly Breathing Heavy and Laying On Side

dustinwerk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I introduced a Pearlscale Butterflyfish into my fish only tank last night, he was swimming around the tank and swimming throughout the rocks like any other fish would first being introduced into a tank, went to sleep and this morning he is in the back of the tank behind my rocks breathing heavy and on his side and right side up again. Yes I know this isn’t good, but I would like to know what to do and what’s going on. I witnessed him eat this morning when I fed the tank, which is a 150g tank by the way. The other fish in the tank are,
2 Maroon Clownfish, Harlequin Bass,
Green Bird Wrasse, Red Tail Filefish and a Marine Betta. The Bird Wrasse of course is all throughout the tank being the energetic fish they should be so I thought maybe he was stressing out my Butterfly? Let me know, I’d hate to see the fish die and waste $40.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, that’s a very serious symptom. If by chance the fish is still alive this morning, look at the top of the fish disease section here, second post down, for information as to how to post a problem report. If the fish didn’t make it, you should contact your dealer to try and troubleshoot what went wrong.
Jay

OP
OP
D

dustinwerk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, that’s a very serious symptom. If by chance the fish is still alive this morning, look at the top of the fish disease section here, second post down, for information as to how to post a problem report. If the fish didn’t make it, you should contact your dealer to try and troubleshoot what went wrong.
Jay
unfortunately no he did not make it. what I don’t understand is minus the breathing and laying on the sand, there was nothing wrong with him. His body looked fine, no signs of ich, velvet, or any external disease that I know of.

GobyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay
Jay
Is there anything to do my pearlscale is doing the same thing any suggestions on how to him

GobyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately no he did not make it. what I don’t understand is minus the breathing and laying on the sand, there was nothing wrong with him. His body looked fine, no signs of ich, velvet, or any external disease that I know of.
Also sorry the fish didnt make it.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything to do my pearlscale is doing the same thing any suggestions on how to him
Would you please take a look at the top of this forum, second post down for a post that describes the background info we need to try and figure out what might be going on....same issue though, once a fish has lost its equilibrium, it is very difficult to bring them back around.
Jay

Back