Pederson and Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp Compatibility

Mushroom Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on adding a scarlet cleaner shrimp to my BC29 when I cam across a Pederson cleaner shrimp. I was won over by the looks and behavior of the Pederson. My question is whether or not I could also add a scarlet at some point down the road. Anybody have experience keeping both of these shrimp simultaneously?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on adding a scarlet cleaner shrimp to my BC29 when I cam across a Pederson cleaner shrimp. I was won over by the looks and behavior of the Pederson. My question is whether or not I could also add a scarlet at some point down the road. Anybody have experience keeping both of these shrimp simultaneously?
no but I love love love pedersen's.
My only advice is to remember shrimp are jerks. I don't trust them not to eat anything. I had a couple "cleaner" shrimp go rogue. Done now.

OP
OP
Mushroom Boy

Mushroom Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL shrimp are jerks :) I also have 3 sexy shrimp and a Randall's pistol that have ignored each other for quite some time. I'll see how things go with this new fella. Definitely a cool critter.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a shot I got of the new addition. They remind me a bit of a ghost shrimp but with purple accents. Its transparent body acts as a magnifying glass so anything behind it is magnified, albeit somewhat distorted :)

has it done the cleaner dance for you yet?

GillsGoneWild

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put 4 Pederson's in the mixed reef in August. The skunk cleaner (a jerk at times) kept going after them for a couple days and now completely ignores them. Unfortunately they hang out in the back corner where the flow is the least so I don't see them much. The 3 that I put into the shallow reef are much more visible and they do the cleaner dance whenever we walk up to the tank. They're great little additions, and I'm particularly happy with them because they're the first critters I've collected myself!

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bumping this thread! Would love to hear an update on what happened or any experience from anyone else.

I currently have some sexy shrimp, a skunk cleaner, a GCBS, pistol shrimp, and now getting a Peterson shrimp pair. The skunk cleaner and other shrimp actually seem to not mind each other. Sometimes I think they are communicating by touching antennae. I have seen 0 aggression from all the shrimp except sometimes a sexy gets scared of the bigger shrimps and shoots away.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back