Peninsula Tank Size

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,
I was planning on setting up a 48 inch 120-gallon peninsula tank. But is this the right size? I mean like, I need a tank that is around 120-160 gallons and is 2 feet wide and 2 feet tall. So the only thing that I can increase is the length. I cannot increase it by too much, so I was thinking what would be the best length for a tank that size. Please let me know. Thanks.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would depend entirely on the space you have. What is the layout of the house where you plan to put it?

OP
OP
R

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would depend entirely on the space you have. What is the layout of the house where you plan to put it?
So the tank will separate the family living and formal living area. For width I have to keep it 24 inches I might just be able to push it to 28 inches, but I am not sure, because my parents won’t allow most probably. The height will also be 24 inches and I might be able to make that higher by 4 inches, but not sure. And the length it was originally supposed to be 4 feet, but I might be able to make it 5 feet and if I get lucky, then I will be able to make it 6 feet.

MichaelP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last tank was a 150g peninsula which was 72x24x20. It was a great size having a 24” width is key since it gives you plenty of room for sand on both sides and coral placement. I also liked the 20” height for easy maintenance

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you should stick with a footprint that won’t encroach into either space to much by stretching it. I am also working in limited space but not to divide a room. The Aqueon 120 is 48” X 24” X 24” and their 90 gallon is 48”x18”x24”. My final choice will be based on what the structure below will support without a lot of extra modification.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back