Pennsylvania reefers say hey!

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Joe, it is nice to meet you. My husband exited the Army in 2014 as well. I am from the Binghamton area in upstate NY, and live in SC now. We drive through PA several times a year to visit my mom. Talk about a long drive on I-81 lol.

OP
OP
zoajunkie83

zoajunkie83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Joe, it is nice to meet you. My husband exited the Army in 2014 as well. I am from the Binghamton area in upstate NY, and live in SC now. We drive through PA several times a year to visit my mom. Talk about a long drive on I-81 lol.
Oh I know my parents are in South Carolina from New York so I totally believe you on the drive part, but it's a fun trip also! And they live right next to a reef shop so that adds to the excitement lol. Thanks to you and your husband's service dedication, spouses sure get the credit as well!

OP
OP
zoajunkie83

zoajunkie83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, thank you for your service. A six year belated welcome appears to be in order. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Yes 6 year I just have been all around before and figured it was time now. Getting my tanks back up from a little break I had from the hobby. Atleast I kept my tanks running so it was easy to jump back in. Few pics of my collection starting up again with a few babysitting for my friend.

IMG_20191002_235036192.jpg IMG_20190930_130304890.jpg

OP
OP
zoajunkie83

zoajunkie83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome- where in PA? In the Pittsburgh area the local club is 3rmas and we have our own area where a on R2R and have a Facebook page. I know Philly, and State college areas also have local hobbyist clubs.
I'm located in the Poconos! Not many people I know in the hobby but spreading the word and have a co-worker currently getting into the hobby so atleast I got one person here I can talk fish too lol.

OP
OP
zoajunkie83

zoajunkie83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PA reefer here! You should checkout Philly splash for next year, and the many frag swaps we have at That Pet Place in Lancaster.
I do need to make a trip to that pet place again, it's been too long since I have been there! Thanks for the out reach!

Garrett Keller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new is Joe, been in the saltwater hobby since 2003. I never posted up a meet and greet since I moved to Pennsylvania. I think since this is my final place of residence since existing the airforce in 2014 it would be nice to meet others that are addicted to the same hobby in the local area or state.

Please say hey , maybe a pic of your reef and specialty ( fish only/ reef ) and let's build some connections!

Welcome to Pennsylvania and Thank you for your service. I live outside of State College, Pa. Currently have a 32 gallon cube and it's a mixed reef. Looking to upgrade to a 4' tank just not sure which brand I want to try.

OP
OP
zoajunkie83

zoajunkie83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Pennsylvania and Thank you for your service. I live outside of State College, Pa. Currently have a 32 gallon cube and it's a mixed reef. Looking to upgrade to a 4' tank just not sure which brand I want to try.
Yeah I'm running a deep blue 35 cube, just seems to be good for the layout of my house till I can de clutter my basement and get my other tanks running! But it's a beauty! Made a taller stand so you can walk up to it instead of crouching! 20 gal sump , it has been a dream! Of and upgraded AI Hydra 26 HD that has been keeping the corals quite happy since right now it's just softies and favias mostly!

IMG_20191004_165511566.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back