Pentair UV sterilizer plumbing leak Question

Greg Depo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just got my uv plumbed and I THOUGHT all my seals were solid. I went ahead with my leak test in the uv that was good so I put the bulb in and off it went. Then about an hour later I noticed a small drip from on of the elbow feeding into the uv. I ran a bypass so I bypassed the uv right now my question is I need that area dry to repair but not sure how to drain the up sterilizer. Any ideas? Rather not let this drip all night!

OP
OP
Greg Depo

Greg Depo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just got my uv plumbed and I THOUGHT all my seals were solid. I went ahead with my leak test in the uv that was good so I put the bulb in and off it went. Then about an hour later I noticed a small drip from on of the elbow feeding into the uv. I ran a bypass so I bypassed the uv right now my question is I need that area dry to repair but not sure how to drain the up sterilizer. Any ideas? Rather not let this drip all night!
Never mind figured it out… not exactly my best moment you just take the bulb and quartz out and suck it out from the top! Easy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back