Peppermint Shrimp and Tube Anenomes

jk1824

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the forum, what’s up guys. I currently have two peppermint shrimp which I used to rid my tank of aptasia. It worked very well, they were gone in a day. The peps have no made any motion towards destroying any coral in my tank. I do feed them shrimp pellets which seems to keep them happy.

The issue is I just got a tube anenome and shortly after I placed it in the tank they were all over it, doing what I expected was cleaning it.... however the anenome started coming out of its tube just a bit and one of the peps went over t
and pulled off its exposed tentacles and ate them. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this, I saw some posts about them eating anenomes but nothing specifically for tube anenomes. Fully willing to get rid of the peps if I have to.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the forum, what’s up guys. I currently have two peppermint shrimp which I used to rid my tank of aptasia. It worked very well, they were gone in a day. The peps have no made any motion towards destroying any coral in my tank. I do feed them shrimp pellets which seems to keep them happy.

The issue is I just got a tube anenome and shortly after I placed it in the tank they were all over it, doing what I expected was cleaning it.... however the anenome started coming out of its tube just a bit and one of the peps went over t
and pulled off its exposed tentacles and ate them. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this, I saw some posts about them eating anenomes but nothing specifically for tube anenomes. Fully willing to get rid of the peps if I have to.
Yep. They will snack on all sorts of nems, and plays, and zoas, and

OP
OP
jk1824

jk1824

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. They will snack on all sorts of nems, and plays, and zoas, and
I will keep an eye out just to see if its a one-time aggressive stay off my turf kind of move. I told the lfs what I had in my tank before I bought and he said its no problem but they’ve been wrong before. I’ve read some horror stories on here about peps but so far my two have show. zero interest in coral.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Back