Peppermint Shrimp eating my Rock Flowers

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two in my 14g BC. Model citizens for over a year. I added two multi-headed Acans. The next morning all the centers of the Acans had been torn out by the little buggers. Lost the Acans and banished the shrimp from the tank permanently. Just don’t trust any crustaceans at this point, except for my Scarlett Hermits.

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the same experience. 3 of them destroyed my large rock flower anemone within 1 night.

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! They do go after BTA, I caught one of the shrimp tearing off the tentacle and chowing on it. The shrimp went to the sump and too more then 6 months before the BTA is back to normal. I think the problem was he is not getting enough to eat and going after soft tissue corals.

mariano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is an old post but i wanted to say i woke up today and one of my rock flower anemones was eating one of my peppermint shrimp , i wonder if he was bothering her and she was like, not today little guy. i will post a pic of her eating the peppermint shrimp when i get home. the pink one on the left is the one who ate him.

32A66B0C-F154-4155-87B5-288C3BB56432.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back