peppermint shrimps...

THE BEAUT

Luv Golf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update for you Marvin

I am now officially aptasia free. Those peppermints did the trick for me. It took about a week, but every morning there would be a couple of aptasia less and now i cant see any. Not that i was inundated with them to start with. But they few i had are gone none the less. And on top of that my wrasses left them alone also.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marv i just added 4 peps to my tank for the exact same issue. They have already eaten some of the aptasia, so i am all for them. My wrasses dont mess with them either. Try and get the largest ones you can just to make sure they dont get messed with.

yikes.. yeah, I added three a couple of days ago and two of them were a little small so I think I just gave my wrasses a $7 snack... off to another LFS where I've seen them a little bigger... LoLz...

I think if I get 2 good size pepps, they should do a good job on keeping the LE aptaisia's under control... wish me luck...

good to hear about the success on your pepps, Marcel.. :)

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yikes.. yeah, I added three a couple of days ago and two of them were a little small so I think I just gave my wrasses a $7 snack... off to another LFS where I've seen them a little bigger... LoLz...

I think if I get 2 good size pepps, they should do a good job on keeping the LE aptaisia's under control... wish me luck...

good to hear about the success on your pepps, Marcel.. :)

i have had success using them, but you need a large group, id say 4 or more, and put them into the tank at night so that fish won't bother them, if they are hungry enough they may take out all the ap's in that first night

Back