Peroxide new tank uglies.

bjc451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was doing some reading about peroxide use. Tank is two months been going through all the stages. Very small patches of some brown string algae. I know it is normal. Could I dose peroxide while it is still empty. I know a small clean up crew would work but once they got the few patches there would be nothing left to eat.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let your biome build, I'd let it run it's course personally. Throw in the CUC.

OP
OP
B

bjc451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda what I thought. I waited this long. Almost needing salt anyway. I’m thinking trochus. I have never had them before. Do they reproduce and is it true the hermits can’t steal their shell. Or is that they just right themselves.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda what I thought. I waited this long. Almost needing salt anyway. I’m thinking trochus. I have never had them before. Do they reproduce and is it true the hermits can’t steal their shell. Or is that they just right themselves.
Yes they can reproduce and yes hermits will steal their shells ...just make sure you have a couple of empty ones I your tank for if they want too swap ..and at 8 weeks old your probably now getting near the end of the cycle ..if started with dry rock...let everything run its course..cuc will help ...take it slowly nothing good happens fast in s reef tank...just keep your params on pasr and all will be well ...happy reefing !

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back