OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you should just pony up the dough and buy that JD. Then, you can post regular pics of it. That way we can all live vicariously through you.

With regards to the Mr. Neutron, yours looks awesome. Mines over a yaar old and hasn't done squat. Maybe I should contact Adam and request a replacement, since mine was a dud. ;)

How about getting on that speciosa train? Gonna be the new tenuis here before long
Hi Sam,
I made an offer on the JD colony but haven't heard back. I am not going to sweat it, as I am already pleased with my JD. I don't have the blue hues yet, they will likely come as the coral matures. The BC Mr Neutron is a crazy grower for me. Don't feel bad, I have a BC Fleshdunce that is completely stalled, while other millis around it are also growing like weeds. Life on the reef my friend :)
As far as speciosa, they are certainly pretty, but I would prefer to wait and see them become more stable, in terms of aquaculture. Now that stratiata that @RussiReef has, man, that is one insanely beautiful coral, what a score!
Cheers!

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Perry things are looking so good we’re going to forget about your earlier tank on RC!

I’m exceedingly pleased with your success!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Perry things are looking so good we’re going to forget about your earlier tank on RC!

I’m exceedingly pleased with your success!

Hey Rick, long time brother :)
Thanks for the kind words, I agree this project may be my best yet, lol, fingers crossed ;) Thanks for looking over the journal!

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rick, long time brother :)
Thanks for the kind words, I agree this project may be my best yet, lol, fingers crossed ;) Thanks for looking over the journal!
The 67 itemized list of SPS is impressive but the banana lokani may be even more impressive!!

Lokani, suharsonoi (and efflo and granulosa) are some of my favorites.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 67 itemized list of SPS is impressive but the banana lokani may be even more impressive!!

Lokani, suharsonoi (and efflo and granulosa) are some of my favorites.

Hey Rick,
I am trying to id properly the BC Toxic Papdopulous. I believe it could be a Acropora Suharsonoi, or perhaps Lokani, it is stunning! I am in love with smoothies, currently cycling a 30g nuvo, which will have my high end backups, which are mainly smoothies.
Here are my smoothies :)
1. RRC Jaw Dropper
2. BC Set For Stun
3. BC Mr pacman
4. BC Toxic Papdopulous
5. ORA Hawkins Echinata (Turaki)
6. RR Black Sabbath
7. BC Splendid Gremlin (Green Turaki)
8. Peng's Cherry Tip (Granulosa)
9. Reefgen Blueberry Fantasy (Granulosa)
10. BC Cricket Spine
11. Reefnation Purple Turaki
12. BKChem Creme de le Creme(Malaysian)
13. Banana Lokani

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rick,
I am trying to id properly the BC Toxic Papdopulous. I believe it could be a Acropora Suharsonoi, or perhaps Lokani, it is stunning! I am in love with smoothies, currently cycling a 30g nuvo, which will have my high end backups, which are mainly smoothies.
Here are my smoothies :)
1. RRC Jaw Dropper
2. BC Set For Stun
3. BC Mr pacman
4. BC Toxic Papdopulous
6. RR Black Sabbath
10. BC Cricket Spine
13. Banana Lokani
I think we need a pic of the papdopulous Perry.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we need a pic of the papdopulous Perry.

Hey Tim,
Watching that coral like a hawk, it's nearly photo worthy, lol. I have many corals ready to document, but life has been a bit crazy lately. So many corals are trending, and deserve attention. I purchased a nuvo 30l with aluminum stand, and many upgrades. This tank will be my smoothie dominant collector tank. It's cycling with everything from my 20 gallon tank, which will be given away locally. I plan on keeping this one bb, and with a nice chunk of rock. I will also move my siporax from my dt, to the filtration chambers in the nuvo.

20220814_151612.jpg

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A smoothie only tank? Sounds like a tank of broken dreams

Seems to me some are bulletproof and others randomly melt when everything is going smoothly just to torture us haha

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A smoothie only tank? Sounds like a tank of broken dreams

Seems to me some are bulletproof and others randomly melt when everything is going smoothly just to torture us haha

Perhaps ;)
We will have to see...
The idea of a coral bank, is really the motivation. My first cuts of my favorites, go to my bank. Yes it will include non smoothies for awhile, and then, I start another system to home those non smoothies. There is after all, a method to the madness, lol...

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tim,
Watching that coral like a hawk, it's nearly photo worthy, lol. I have many corals ready to document, but life has been a bit crazy lately. So many corals are trending, and deserve attention. I purchased a nuvo 30l with aluminum stand, and many upgrades. This tank will be my smoothie dominant collector tank. It's cycling with everything from my 20 gallon tank, which will be given away locally. I plan on keeping this one bb, and with a nice chunk of rock. I will also move my siporax from my dt, to the filtration chambers in the nuvo.

20220814_151612.jpg
Well I'll be waiting! Checked it out on BC's website and the growth form looks different than the suharsonoi that I remember which had really long almost curved corallites with a lot of space between polyps. Definitely a nice acro though!

The smoothie only tank is a great choice Perry!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'll be waiting! Checked it out on BC's website and the growth form looks different than the suharsonoi that I remember which had really long almost curved corallites with a lot of space between polyps. Definitely a nice acro though!

The smoothie only tank is a great choice Perry!

Hey Tim,
You're likely right, my piece looks a bit different than the one on BC's site, which threw me off. I will get a photo of it soon and tag you when I do :)

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Perhaps ;)
We will have to see...
The idea of a coral bank, is really the motivation. My first cuts of my favorites, go to my bank. Yes it will include non smoothies for awhile, and then, I start another system to home those non smoothies. There is after all, a method to the madness, lol...
Just hit the 1.026 mark after QT my fish in my new backup system. I think it’s a very smart move!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hit the 1.026 mark after QT my fish in my new backup system. I think it’s a very smart move!

Yes sir,
I got a great deal on the little setup, kind of a no brainer to create redundancy. Look forward to seeing you're back up system :)

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rick,
Here are my smoothies
1. RRC Jaw Dropper
2. BC Set For Stun
3. BC Mr pacman
4. BC Toxic Papdopulous
6. RR Black Sabbath
10. BC Cricket Spine
13. Banana Lokani
That’s an impressive list!

There’s something so satisfying about smothies. The texture and growth form are incredible.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sexy Corals Orange Passion is one of those extremely beautiful tenuis, while I don't drool over tenuis, I find this one well worth the occupied space :)

20220821_110655.jpg

I really haven't featured the Tyree Pinky The Bear, so here it goes. I find this one a must have for acro collectors, it may be common, but fully colored, it's a gem!

20220821_110952.jpg

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Tyree Pinky the Bear too! I agree it is a classic man, I am looking for a Palmers Blue Milli too. I love the classics. I have the RR Orange Passion and am adding the SC version as well. They are good looking pieces.
You have a picture of your BC Set to Stun? I am picking one up soon and I cannot wait!!!!

corey

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Tyree Pinky the Bear too! I agree it is a classic man, I am looking for a Palmers Blue Milli too. I love the classics. I have the RR Orange Passion and am adding the SC version as well. They are good looking pieces.
You have a picture of your BC Set to Stun? I am picking one up soon and I cannot wait!!!!

corey

Hey Corey,
The Set For Stun is such a killer smoothie, but grows painfully slow. I got a decent pic early this month, such a killer blue!

IMG_20220804_112751_577.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back