Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fire

Nice encrusting and growth
Thats why I like following your threads, you show ups and downs in this hobby but ultimately hard work you can be successful
Happy New Year

Thank you very much and a Happy New Year to you and yours!
My Journaling is chuck full of nutty anecdotal observations. I believe we should do our best to share good, bad, and ugly, after all, no one is impervious to acro pitfalls. I do however feel that observation is absolutely key, and something I enjoy. Between my top down viewer, my stool for sitting in front of the tank, to my reading glasses, to my magnifying glass, I probably spend at least an hour a day, multiple times per day, studying my corals. During this time, I look for the obvious, pe, new growth, pests, color trending, and just to sort of keep connected to each individual piece. This is my monitoring device and system, lol :)

Loosechangereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much and a Happy New Year to you and yours!
My Journaling is chuck full of nutty anecdotal observations. I believe we should do our best to share good, bad, and ugly, after all, no one is impervious to acro pitfalls. I do however feel that observation is absolutely key, and something I enjoy. Between my top down viewer, my stool for sitting in front of the tank, to my reading glasses, to my magnifying glass, I probably spend at least an hour a day, multiple times per day, studying my corals. During this time, I look for the obvious, pe, new growth, pests, color trending, and just to sort of keep connected to each individual piece. This is my monitoring device and system, lol :)
+you KISS,no bells and whistles(They do help)LOL.
I believe in redundancy is more key

Well anyway keep bringing the fire

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+you KISS,no bells and whistles(They do help)LOL.
I believe in redundancy is more key

Well anyway keep bringing the fire

Thanks,
I will do my best to keep the info and photos coming, just fortunate that the tank is trending in a good way. Thank you for following along!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly masterpiece @Perry can’t wait to see smoothies Island ️

Thank you so kindly!
Oh man, masterpiece is steep, just a diligent reefer, who is grateful to watch these beautiful corals live in my little box of water. My smoothies are more of a region now, than an island, and the addiction to Deepwater smoothies is another level, lol :)

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you so kindly!
Oh man, masterpiece is steep, just a diligent reefer, who is grateful to watch these beautiful corals live in my little box of water. My smoothies are more of a region now, than an island, and the addiction to Deepwater smoothies is another level, lol :)
Yeah. I grabbed a smoothie pack from @therman around thanksgiving

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I grabbed a smoothie pack from @therman around thanksgiving

Nice!!!
I remember you mentioning that, Tim has an amazing collection of smoothies for sure :) Should be getting a 6 pack of mainly Granulosa soon, and another classic Hungs Rainbow.
Happy New Year

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Hawkins came on that darn ORA plug, so I wedged between 2 rocks, now it's encrusted together, lol.

Edit: @HudsonReefer2.0 meant for that to be on PM, lol...

20230101_170704.jpg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to update the status of my beloved CBB. As a fyi, I purchased this fish with the disease lymphocytes or something like that, it was white growths on fins. Anyway, LFS claimed it was eating and in time it would naturally heal. When they claimed it was with them in this condition for over 4 weeks, I decided to give it a shot.
Well, a month later, no spots, eats like a pig, and now an even better discovery... Bye bye aptasia!!!
Thank you shout out to my CBB for destroying a fairly large infestation :)

20230104_170655(0).jpg

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to update the status of my beloved CBB. As a fyi, I purchased this fish with the disease lymphocytes or something like that, it was white growths on fins. Anyway, LFS claimed it was eating and in time it would naturally heal. When they claimed it was with them in this condition for over 4 weeks, I decided to give it a shot.
Well, a month later, no spots, eats like a pig, and now an even better discovery... Bye bye aptasia!!!

20230104_170655(0).jpg

Awesome! It's my favorite fish in my tank!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! It's my favorite fish in my tank!
Josh,
I totally scored! My arc eye is sort of mean, and the Foxface is king, but the CBB is not scared by either, they moved on, lol, this fish marches to its own beat :) Aptasia was out of control, had some big ones, and they were multiplying. I noticed only the large ones, then slowly each of them started to dissappear. I can't find any at this point, but the fish eats, may have to double up on feeding :)

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous fish Perry solid pick up! I'm just hoping one day they'll start selling captive bred ones. What is the blue acro in the bottom of that pic?

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous fish Perry solid pick up! I'm just hoping one day they'll start selling captive bred ones. What is the blue acro in the bottom of that pic?

Thanks Tim!
Unfortunately these fish should not be collected and only captive bred, but when you get one eating, they are an amazing addition to a reef, absolutely zero aptasia, from a major outbreak!
That blue one is BC Skinny Love, and dang it's a beautiful piece :)

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Josh,
I totally scored! My arc eye is sort of mean, and the Foxface is king, but the CBB is not scared by either, they moved on, lol, this fish marches to its own beat :) Aptasia was out of control, had some big ones, and they were multiplying. I noticed only the large ones, then slowly each of them started to dissappear. I can't find any at this point, but the fish eats, may have to double up on feeding :)

Thats awesome! Same with mine. I had atleast 500+ aiptasia in my tank at one time. I couldn't find a single one after 3 days. To this day I am aiptasia free in my DT. He is a model citizen and also eats flakes. I hope he is with my system for a long time to come.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20230104_170655(0).jpg
That fish is great! Just make sure you work now on feeding it flakes and pellets, besides mysid shrimp and clams. That is why many loose the fish after a year or so. Try to give it Masstick too to adapt it to some flakes and pellets soon. I'm very happy for you! That fish is very special. Would be great if others could also add their experiences feeding Copper Bands here. Your tank is great!! I visit this thread often.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome! Same with mine. I had atleast 500+ aiptasia in my tank at one time. I couldn't find a single one after 3 days. To this day I am aiptasia free in my DT. He is a model citizen and also eats flakes. I hope he is with my system for a long time to come.

Lol,
I actually spotted 2 aptasia yesterday, U think the CBB can't access the foot of the aptasia, so they recluse when it's close by. No worries, but otherwise, it's nice to see those ugly pests being harassed, lol :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fish is great! Just make sure you work now on feeding it flakes and pellets, besides mysid shrimp and clams. That is why many loose the fish after a year or so. Try to give it Masstick too to adapt it to some flakes and pellets soon. I'm very happy for you! That fish is very special. Would be great if others could also add their experiences feeding Copper Bands here. Your tank is great!! I visit this thread often.
Good morning!
Thank you for the kind words and following the journal :)
I will have to get masstick for sure. I have been feeding frozen, but it would be nice to vary the CBB as well as my other fishes diet. Thanks for the tip!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back