OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW Perry , those sticks are looking amazing brother wow. THOSE SMOOTHIESS :star-struck:

Hey Jorge,
Thanks for the kind words brother!
Loving the FL weather, Open windows, fresh air, elevated ph, beautiful...
Things are ticking along, no real complaints. Yes, the smoothie addiction is real ;)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some big news!
As it turns out, I have decided to go ahead and further the acro addiction!
I will be converting what WAS a playroom, into my Reef room. The current display will be moved into the room, where I will have a large 100 gallon Rubbermaid tote serve as a sump. My new Innovative Marine 3 foot cube lagoon will be plumbed through the wall into this same shared sump. This room is ducted with AC and was a converted garage. The room is beautiful, but unfortunately turned into a hoarders paradise after Cindy passed. So, I have been slowly getting the room cleaned out, so I gave it thought, and decided to make my maintenance work easier, let's face it, I am not getting younger, lol!!!
So, I will tag a new build thread, here I will document the room build out, and the cube build. I will be able to expand as time goes on, but this will get me organized :)
Yesterday FTS :)

20230204_093507.jpg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So very, very sorry for your loss, sir

Thank you for the kind words, it's been a tough year and a half. Reefing has helped tremendously! We all have a story, 2021-2022 we're full of loss, but the losses have fueled a re-newed better version of myself. I know Cindy would be thrilled to see me enjoying the tank she bought me, lol :)
Cheers!

Hagios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Bill Murray frag was taken/posted on February 6th last year, 2022.

20220206_120647.jpg

Oh what a difference a year makes!

20221214_223721.jpg
It's amazing what they do when they hit their stride and you leave them alone to grow. Looking great!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's amazing what they do when they hit their stride and you leave them alone to grow. Looking great!

Thank you very much!
There are a few pieces that just went boom!!! Now if the smoothies would jump in on the growth action, lol :)

I find the TSA Bill Murray to be one of the brightest "must have" pieces in a sps display. I absolutely love the growth pattern, but the intense orangey color is stand out!

dson78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Andrew from Orlando. Sorry for your loss Perry. I was the one that bought your 8 bulb ATI Powermodule and some coral frags from you back in the day. Took me two days to go through your thread and i was a great read. Tank is looking amazing as usual.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Andrew from Orlando. Sorry for your loss Perry. I was the one that bought your 8 bulb ATI Powermodule and some coral frags from you back in the day. Took me two days to go through your thread and i was a great read. Tank is looking amazing as usual.

Andrew, thank you for the kind words and sentiments! I totally remember you, and the ATI, lol.. I will actually be using an ATI 8 bulb fixture over the new build, with a couple reef bars for actinic pop.
Let me know if you are ever in the area, also if you want some local acros ;)
All the best my friend!!!

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words, it's been a tough year and a half. Reefing has helped tremendously! We all have a story, 2021-2022 we're full of loss, but the losses have fueled a re-newed better version of myself. I know Cindy would be thrilled to see me enjoying the tank she bought me, lol :)
Cheers!
It's very nice to have something to pour energy into and grow. I'm glad you have an outlet. I'm sure she'd be thrilled about it too

Gorgeous tank!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very nice to have something to pour energy into and grow. I'm glad you have an outlet. I'm sure she'd be thrilled about it too

Gorgeous tank!

Thank you very much for looking over the journal, as well as the kind words :)
Hopefully more to come :)
Cheers

Husker-reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry, wow what an awesome thread and journal documenting your success. I have fell victim prior, to the tinker here and change this and so on. Reassuring to see someone have much success yielding very healthy acros by a simplistic approach. Reef on. Enjoy your insight and posts.

Zach

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry, wow what an awesome thread and journal documenting your success. I have fell victim prior, to the tinker here and change this and so on. Reassuring to see someone have much success yielding very healthy acros by a simplistic approach. Reef on. Enjoy your insight and posts.

Zach
Hey Zach!
Thanks for looking in on the journal ;)
Glad to show others that we don't need fancy and expensive equipment :) I like taking a hands on approach, and enjoy the maintenance, which I believe is key.
Cheers!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too early to tell, but recently converted the 2 liters of siporax into a reactor. Also added 2 liters of AF Life Bio Fil into a media basket, passive in sump. The tank keeps getting a cleaner appearance, today N03 down before water change to 24ppm. This is usually my result post test. Here's a side shot today, had to clean mp40, scraped glass and took a side shot during maintenance. Really loving my smoothie garden :)

20230211_104249.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back