Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update.
For now, I have slowly moved some healthy sps over to the 30l nuvo. Not much space to work with, as stuff needs to be moved out. However, moved my FF digi, BG digi, purple/red graft plate monti, Seasons Greetings, and purple stylo over. They all look just fine in their new home. The nuvo 30l didn't cycle, I moved mature rock and some softies from my 20 gallon over, with mature water and siporax from my dt. All corals look as good as in the dt, this is a good sign.
So I cut some tester acros, they are up for sale, but in the next week, I will put a frag rack in the nuvo, and begin banking, should they not sell. The montis should help to get the system kicking into gear, and slowly, in time, I move stuff out to make room for more additions :)
Next week, I will begin to set the 20 gallon back up, this will then home montis, down the road.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sexy Corals Orange Passion is one of those extremely beautiful tenuis, while I don't drool over tenuis, I find this one well worth the occupied space :)

20220821_110655.jpg

I really haven't featured the Tyree Pinky The Bear, so here it goes. I find this one a must have for acro collectors, it may be common, but fully colored, it's a gem!

20220821_110952.jpg
It's difficult to dislike a Tyree piece. They're visually appealing and there's also a nostalgic component to it. There are a bunch of heads on that piece too

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's difficult to dislike a Tyree piece. They're visually appealing and there's also a nostalgic component to it. There are a bunch of heads on that piece too

Hi Rick,
Yes Tyree corals are classic, I suspect I will need to showcase my collection with regards. My PL is on point with coloration, but growing slow. Not painfully, like the BC Fleshdunce, lol... My Tyree Tri-color is an absolute gem, so beautiful! Get pics soon man :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well dang,
I only moved ff digi, bg digi, plate digi, seasons greetings, and purple stylo over to the nuvo. Tested alk on both tanks, alk in the main system is 9.2dkh. Nuvo was 6.7dkh. So, I took automated doser offline to lower in the main system, and buffered manually to the nuvo. This shows exactly how a few pieces can influence such a change. Granted, the montis are quite large. Now, I need to make some changes to automate both systems. Hmmm...
So no burnt tips in the main system, Charlie may have a great point regarding alk stability ;)

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well dang,
I only moved ff digi, bg digi, plate digi, seasons greetings, and purple stylo over to the nuvo. Tested alk on both tanks, alk in the main system is 9.2dkh. Nuvo was 6.7dkh. So, I took automated doser offline to lower in the main system, and buffered manually to the nuvo. This shows exactly how a few pieces can influence such a change. Granted, the montis are quite large. Now, I need to make some changes to automate both systems. Hmmm...
So no burnt tips in the main system, Charlie may have a great point regarding alk stability ;)
I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it
476056BB-17AF-4A28-B4E5-927D4117F697.png

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I will receive a package from Tim, aka therman. I am looking forward to adding a few of his recommendations and collectible smoothies :)
More to come :)

Peng's Cherry Tip
Reefgen Blueberry Fantasy
BC Cricket Spine
Reefnation Purple Turaki
BKChem Creme de le Creme
Banana Lokani

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I will receive a package from Tim, aka therman. I am looking forward to adding a few of his recommendations and collectible smoothies :)
More to come :)

Peng's Cherry Tip
Reefgen Blueberry Fantasy
BC Cricket Spine
Reefnation Purple Turaki
BKChem Creme de le Creme
Banana Lokani

Freaking Tim is the man again!
Add BC Skinny Love and WWC Purple Candle to the mix, nice bonus corals Tim! That purple candle with the long branches, oh man it looks like a suharsonoi my friend :)
Thanks @therman you never dissapoint ;)

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Freaking Tim is the man again!
Add BC Skinny Love and WWC Purple Candle to the mix, nice bonus corals Tim! That purple candle with the long branches, oh man it looks like a suharsonoi my friend :)
Thanks @therman you never dissapoint ;)

I dont know why but most of my granulosa/loripes are finally getting those long smooth branches, and hoooo-boy is it nice! ;D

Not sure if it is the maturity of the colony, having adapted to the system or what.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know why but most of my granulosa/loripes are finally getting those long smooth branches, and hoooo-boy is it nice! ;D

Not sure if it is the maturity of the colony, having adapted to the system or what.

Man Tim, agreed, cannot remember a Granulosa with elongated branches like the Peng's Cherry Tip, so beautiful!
Nice and chunky pack ;)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an awesome haul! That Peng’s is something special. It’s on my short list for sure.

Thanks John,
I am certainly happy with these pieces, but yes, that Peng's grannie is quite nice. BKChem Creme de le Creme lives up to or exceeds all the hype, it's a really interesting piece for sure. The purple Turaki is also nice and quite a solid purple color.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice additions Perry! You're going to need a bigger tank!

I have a 2nd tank filling up quickly, and another one cooking, but yeah, probably will do a larger setup next year. Probably a 180, but who knows, lol. I have an entire room that was a garage that's also empty, hmmm....

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's definitely a keeper, @Perry !

Yeah Rick!
Tim's colony is crazy beautiful!!!
I am leaving the on the rack awhile, so much planning to squeeze these in. Thinking about moving the rest of the montis out soon. I just started a tank for them, so I can free up the nuvo collector/back up tank, lol.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like BC Cricket Spine, Perry. I wasn’t expecting the lengthy and spaced-out protrusions you see on post no. 32

I believe you mentioned receiving a piece.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like BC Cricket Spine, Perry. I wasn’t expecting the lengthy and spaced-out protrusions you see on post no. 32

I believe you mentioned receiving a piece.

Hey Rick,
I did get the BC Cricket Spine and BC Skinny Love as a bonus piece. Both were on my list. Lucky me, lol. Ricky's version is amazing, not sure if he's still around, but had some crazy beautiful stuff!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.8%
Back