Personal Quarantine Experience. Why you should.

JTremonte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unsure if this will be proper location to post this, However I wanted to make sure hopefully newcomers that are new to the hobby will understand the reason why you quarantine.

The reference I use for my reef tank. I used to do just a simple 35 day QT, but enhanced to this version to SAVE HEADACHES! Currently removed all fish into a temporary tank to treat, even though no signs are present. I feel more comfortable for the long term goals I have.

Here is the story why this is such an important reason.

My buddy and I started our reef tanks around the same time.

Both are 55g tanks. Clearly we both have had pretty good success for the most part. Also a couple head scratchers.

However, even though I suggested a QT period, He chose to not invest into it. I took advantage of sales to have 5 identical QT. 1 is for coral QT.

We both have obtained the same fish around each same timeframe.

We both ironically buying from the same LFS, we both acquired a fish with Velvet.

So what happened?

He now has a major headache with Velvet. Since he did not QT. He has to fight to scramble up all the items to QT.

He has already lost 2 fish in his Display tank. Also he has coral in his display tank so can't Copper dose in the DT

However, how has my adventure with Velvet been going?

Simple and easy.

I just wanted to share my story of what is going on. Also including why you should QT.

I sure feel for him, and I sure hope others will have awareness about why you should QT, because the headache is not worth it.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely agree w the post. Helpful material

can tell it’s helpful because it lines up with recommends from the fish disease forum

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back