PETCO $1 PER GALLON SALE STARTS SUNDAY APRIL 2ND !

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI... PETCO $1 PER GALLON SALE STARTS SUNDAY APRIL 2ND !

So for everyone who needs to get QT tanks, or extra tanks to transfer your fish and coral in during emergencies - here's your opportunity !
I was at Petco last night, and the manager there told me that the nationwide $1 per gallon sale would be starting this coming Sunday (April 2nd). The last time they had the sale, I was able to score a 75 gallon and two additional 40 gallon breeders. Right now, they are empty, but at least I have the peace of mind that I can quarantine properly AND have somewhere to put all of my fish and coral should I have a tank emergency in the middle of the night and need to move everything at a moments notice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure of the glass make up of these Petco tanks, so I would caution against drilling them. My suggestion here is to use them for quarantine and/or temporary emergency situations where drilling is not required, and HOB or canister filtration can be used.

Even Further

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my recent experience, these are standard Aqueon. These are perfectly fine to drill if the panel is non-tempered. Bottom line is never drill any glass unless you do a visual test first. The Aqueon 40B I had from the sale year did not have a tempered bottom. The Tetra tanks Petco used to use about 2 years ago stunk, those were poor quality,

morgank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sides are drillable, just have to go super slow as it's thin glass - don't ask me how I know.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back