OP
OP
tritonpower

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be a new daddy. I think this might be a baby rock anemone. It's so tiny, hard to tell.
20231114_202356.jpg
20231114_202344.jpg
20231114_202329.jpg

OP
OP
tritonpower

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I forgot to mention in the video is that the JF home wrecker frag I got was from new wave aquaria. After I ordered it they mentioned it was not doing great so they didn't feel right selling it to me. They tried to rehab it by putting it in the BRS 160. They are the ones that took the old BRS 160 tank from BRS and set it up in their own shop. Once the frag looked a little better they sold it to me for cheap. So if it survives, it will be a JF home wrecker that was once, technically, in the BRS 160. So cool.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached is my latest video update. I ended adding a bunch of spa as well as a full line of hydros controllers with XS, X10, XP8, wave engine, kraken, and 4 plug wifi strip. I really like the hydros platform. See the video for more.

Great Video! Hope the hydros keep working great for you!

Julbra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached is my latest video update. I ended adding a bunch of spa as well as a full line of hydros controllers with XS, X10, XP8, wave engine, kraken, and 4 plug wifi strip. I really like the hydros platform. See the video for more.

Great update. I have reconsidered my options after seeing Jaws in the garage.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had time to watch the whole video. really nice setup.
I have a hydros on the seahorse tank ( in progress) but my wifi must suck as I loose connection a few time a day. so i have not really done much with it.

the tanks are so clean. what your secret for the sand bed?

all those SPS are nice but thr LPS are my fav. :D

OP
OP
tritonpower

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had time to watch the whole video. really nice setup.
I have a hydros on the seahorse tank ( in progress) but my wifi must suck as I loose connection a few time a day. so i have not really done much with it.

the tanks are so clean. what your secret for the sand bed?

all those SPS are nice but thr LPS are my fav. :D
My sand bed is not that old. I have several conches and vacuum the sand bed every 2-3 months when I do a water change. that is about it.

I think the wifi is key. Mine was not great and I got the netgear orbi tri band 6 system. Since then I have had no issues. I see complaints about the redsea lights, echo tech pumps, and hydros disconnecting. None of mine do. I think a good wifi router (or 3 in my case) is key.

OP
OP
tritonpower

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been amazed with my actual PAR levels. If you haven't rented a PAR meter from BRS before, I highly recommend it. The PAR in my house tank was way higher than I thought. I was considering adding more light to the house tank and realized I didn't need to. I then checked the PAR in my sump and garage tanks.

The sump frag section is using a Redsea LED50 at a fixed height. The corals were not doing well in this area. The PAR was around 150 8 inches below the water line with the light 7 inches above the water line. This was way too low for the corals. Since I couldn't move the light I raised the frag rack as high as I could to where the PAR was 300+. We'll see how the corals do.

In the garage I was again surprised to see how low the PAR was. I again got 150 PAR mid tank with my 2 Redsea LED 50s at 7-8 inches above the water line. I then lowered the lights to 4 inches above the water line and now am getting 300 PAR mid tank. I also added an Orbit Marine LED light I was not using. It only added another 50 PAR in most areas but a little extra is helpful. I am hoping that will help the plating montipora start growing better.

20240204_200314.jpg
20240204_200335.jpg

Julbra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been amazed with my actual PAR levels. If you haven't rented a PAR meter from BRS before, I highly recommend it. The PAR in my house tank was way higher than I thought. I was considering adding more light to the house tank and realized I didn't need to. I then checked the PAR in my sump and garage tanks.

The sump frag section is using a Redsea LED50 at a fixed height. The corals were not doing well in this area. The PAR was around 150 8 inches below the water line with the light 7 inches above the water line. This was way too low for the corals. Since I couldn't move the light I raised the frag rack as high as I could to where the PAR was 300+. We'll see how the corals do.

In the garage I was again surprised to see how low the PAR was. I again got 150 PAR mid tank with my 2 Redsea LED 50s at 7-8 inches above the water line. I then lowered the lights to 4 inches above the water line and now am getting 300 PAR mid tank. I also added an Orbit Marine LED light I was not using. It only added another 50 PAR in most areas but a little extra is helpful. I am hoping that will help the plating montipora start growing better.

20240204_200314.jpg
20240204_200335.jpg
Absolutely. I had an Apogee MQ-510 shipped across from the US before I bought my first coral. I rarely use it but priceless when I add new or move stuff.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 155 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.6%
Back