PETITION for BAY AREA Reefers Club and Banner on Reef2Reef!

Would you support the Bay Area Reefing community getting their own banner?

• Total voters

trustmeimalawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically come to R2R for more general information and the BAR forum for more localized info. I agree it would be nice to have a stronger reefing community in the Bay Area. I know there are ton of us out there but for some reason there doesn’t appear to be same level of interest, like say, the Sacramento region.

That being said, I think $30 to join BAR is VERY small price to pay for what the club offers. Shoot, you can get that back by just borrowing the Club’s PAR meter. You’re not paying to join some exclusive club, it’s to help pay for all the things the club offers, eg frag swaps, group buys, PAR meter, access to DBTC, etc. My $02.

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's different about the Bay Area is that I live in it hahaha

If there's another reefing community that doesn't have a banner they should try and get one too! :)
I totally support that for all communities! I'm just doing this one because it's where I'm from :)

Im just playing devils advocate

OP
OP
ISFNick

ISFNick

Nano Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically come to R2R for more general information and the BAR forum for more localized info. I agree it would be nice to have a stronger reefing community in the Bay Area. I know there are ton of us out there but for some reason there doesn’t appear to be same level of interest, like say, the Sacramento region.

That being said, I think $30 to join BAR is VERY small price to pay for what the club offers. Shoot, you can get that back by just borrowing the Club’s PAR meter. You’re not paying to join some exclusive club, it’s to help pay for all the things the club offers, eg frag swaps, group buys, PAR meter, access to DBTC, etc. My $02.
I totally appreciate that point of view, I just think that stronger representation of Bay Area reefing would really help grow the community! I think people from here would be eager to have their own banner that they can show off to rep the Bay! :)

I support BAR charging people for the purpose of funding club activities and functions, but if it were up to me, I wouldn't charge anyone to be a part of a community! Hope that makes sense my man :)

OP
OP
ISFNick

ISFNick

Nano Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you just ask the admins it might be easier lol
Trust me bro I've been doing that!! hahaha

Even @Daniel@R2R posted about the club banners and said to contact a staff member but I've contacted several! Hopefully we can get the trigger pulled on a club banner! )

OP
OP
ISFNick

ISFNick

Nano Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed my vote, but I think bigger communities should also get a banner thingy
I completely agree! Not that the Bay Area is a small community of course! It's just spread out.
If any community wants their own banner I'm all for it! I think it's only fair :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PM me tomorrow and I’ll get you guys set up with anything you want including a badge! :)

OP
OP
ISFNick

ISFNick

Nano Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM me tomorrow and I’ll get you guys set up with anything you want including a badge! :)
LETS GOOO!!!! We did it!!! Thanks so much @revhtree !!! :)
I’m super grateful for this!! I’ll talk to you tomorrow!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back