PF4 error - Not turning off skimmer despite leak sensors activating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Fisherman Joe

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just had it enter this fail state.

The waste high float switch would not turn off the skimmer.

I then triggered the waste drain float switch and the maxi pump started pumping and it reset the error state. The waste high float will now turn off the skimmer again.

There is something happening with the programmable logic of the two float switches.

Interestingly, they are on the same cable.
C0330445-75F6-4B1D-B7ED-87667FDA2E39.png

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

just to be sure, i quickly read the thread so maybe it's already been said but: when this happens no maintenance is active? because when maintenance is active, level alarms are ignored.

Gaël

OP
OP
Fisherman Joe

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

just to be sure, i quickly read the thread so maybe it's already been said but: when this happens no maintenance is active? because when maintenance is active, level alarms are ignored.

Gaël
Good idea, but there are no maintenance active.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just had it enter this fail state.

The waste high float switch would not turn off the skimmer.

I then triggered the waste drain float switch and the maxi pump started pumping and it reset the error state. The waste high float will now turn off the skimmer again.

There is something happening with the programmable logic of the two float switches.

Interestingly, they are on the same cable.
C0330445-75F6-4B1D-B7ED-87667FDA2E39.png

I do not get this. Normally if you only have one P4 - the sensor index is 1 - 4 - see picture

1662979322504.png

The P4 has place for two expansion slots which will add sensor index 5-8 and 9-12 if expansion cards is installed - here is your configuration Red markings should be expansion card 1 (index 5-8) and blue should be expansion card 2 (9-12)

1662980026608.png

If you do not have any expansion cards (or expansion boxes) - the only sensors that is active (and work) is 1-4, In that case you need a 2 splitters - otherwise you can only a access sensor 1 and 3,

1662980308512.png

Can you send a picture of your setup?

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fisherman Joe

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not get this. Normally if you only have one P4 - the sensor index is 1 - 4 - see picture

Can you send a picture of your setup?

Sincerely Lasse
Hi Lasse

Thanks for the input.

I have two extension ports and some splitter cables too.

I can send a pic, but its not easy.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you totally have 4 ports for 2 level/flowmeters/leak sensor each). The two on the P4 and 2 at the expansion card? In that case you only can address sensors 1-8. Sensors above 8 will not be present, However if you have 6 ports (2 at the P4, 2 at the first expansion card and two at the second card) you will be able to address 12 sensors

With other words - do you have 1 or 2 of these cards

1662997969835.png

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you use the two inbuilt ports for flow meters, port 3 (5+6) a splitter cable, Port 4 (7+8) not connected. Port 5 - 1 cable (9) and not connected sensor 10, Port 6 (11 + 12) a a splitter cable. As I can see - there is no sensor 10 active because there is no splitter in that port. Correct me if I´m wrong

Every leak interface can be used with 2 independent leak sensors. Every of this two independent leak sensors can be connected with more sensors in a daisy chain

Sincerely Lasse

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be incredibly frustrating,

but I must ask, why is your skimmer constantly overflowing?? I’ve never had that happen and it shouldn’t happen with a proper skimmer and set up.

Good luck! Maybe sell and get an apex? I use lots of float switches and leak detectors without issue.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two other things - check your male mini DIN contact. It has happens me that some of the thin pins have been bent out of position. Check also that your extension cards are firmly attached to their slots. But still - according to your photo - you should not have a sensor 10

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Fisherman Joe

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two other things - check your male mini DIN contact. It has happens me that some of the thin pins have been bent out of position. Check also that your extension cards are firmly attached to their slots. But still - according to your photo - you should not have a sensor 10

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks Lasse.

I need to take the side panel off my cabinet to get access and it’s a long job to fix.

Let me look at this in the next week and get back to you. I have a sensor 10 because when it’s power cycled it works as expected. It’s only recently something has started causing problems.

I am having issues with the skimmer because I run a really wet skim and I have been battling dino’s, so the water chemistry is all over the place.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sensor 10 because when it’s power cycled it works as expected. It’s only recently something has started causing problems.
If my description that there is a single connection in the upper right card is true - IMO - you do not have a physical sensor 10 at all. Check your connections

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Fisherman Joe

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my description that there is a single connection in the upper right card is true - IMO - you do not have a physical sensor 10 at all. Check your connections

Sincerely Lasse
Understood.

But the float switch does carry out a function initially. Then just stops.

If I didn’t have sensor 10. Surely it wouldn’t work at all?

OP
OP
Fisherman Joe

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely Lasse
Hi Lasse.

Been playing around with my PF4 and you may be interested to know I found an odd feature or possibly a bug.

I changed the float switch, I changed the extender port in the PF4 main board and the error persists. Sometimes a float switch is just ignored when it is activated. I think it’s down to the Maintenance functions.

Watch this;

PF4 won’t recognise float switch activating.

OP
OP
Fisherman Joe

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That site trims the video short but in a nutshell. The skimmer now no longer is turned off when the system is on a maintenance timer. Also ALL the leak sensors don’t do anything. Weird.

Back