Ph probe storage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lifer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm purchasing a Apex EL which comes with the ph probe however I already have one in use. How long would the probe be good for sitting in the storage solution? Also is there any time frame for the temp probe

Last edited:

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had multiple ph probe, when its dried out I make sure I re-hydrate it (let is sit in RODI for couple of hours) and re-calibrate it. It should work out just fine. (in my experience I had one sitting out for 9 months only because i forgot about it).

If i ever have any piece of equipment lying around i usually sell it really quick, so that some one else can use it and avoids me from spoiling it. :)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm purchasing a Apex EL which comes with the ph probe however I already have one in use. How long would the probe be good for sitting in the storage solution? Also is there any time frame for the temp probe
I was told in the past by one manufacturer that any pH probe over 18 months old should be thrown away. There has been debate on storing or cleaning them with DI water.

When I have tested brand new probes they seem to be in a solution that reads about 5.0 so maybe mix a little Ro water with a few drops of Vinegar or citric acid and measure the pH to get it to 5.0 and you should have a good solution to top off the storage cap should it start to dry out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back