Philadelphia RODI Experience

daddi-o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, PA folks!

I'm brand new on r2r and researching as much as I can before deciding to get into the hobby. I've kept a freshwater tank on and off for the past 15 years or so, but have never kept a salt tank.

I've seen that some recommend using a 5-stage RODI for any water treated with chloramine. I've also seen some say they use 4-stage. Does anyone have any experience with Philadelphia water and RODI? What do you use?

Thx!

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, PA folks!

I'm brand new on r2r and researching as much as I can before deciding to get into the hobby. I've kept a freshwater tank on and off for the past 15 years or so, but have never kept a salt tank.

I've seen that some recommend using a 5-stage RODI for any water treated with chloramine. I've also seen some say they use 4-stage. Does anyone have any experience with Philadelphia water and RODI? What do you use?

Thx!

Contact Russ @Buckeye Hydro and he will help you get a system for your water.

VikS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the KOP area (western burbs). The water quality is not that bad. Just using the RO brings my TDS to 7 and then DI brings it down to zero.

Getting the 5 stage will be good and last longer than getting a smaller one. But 4 stage will be fine too. BRS has good ones and they go on sale pretty often. Plenty to choose from.Used ones also show up pretty often for sale but if buying used, need to account for refill of all filters.

OP
OP
D

daddi-o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. I do know the Philadelphia Water Dept does use chloramine for treatment. I'll check out BRS and Buckeye Hydro. With all the investment, it probably doesn't make sense to try to save a couple bucks with 4 vs 5 stage . . .

louiedogphilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. I do know the Philadelphia Water Dept does use chloramine for treatment. I'll check out BRS and Buckeye Hydro. With all the investment, it probably doesn't make sense to try to save a couple bucks with 4 vs 5 stage . . .
I live in the city and use a 5 stage

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back