OP
pharazon

pharazon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any updates?

Sorry for the delay, I’ve had some non-reefing matters to attend to.

Things are going well! Many of my previously discolored/poorly colored acros have come around quite nicely! Here’s probably the biggest transformation:

FD75E62F-1D7F-4CA4-9141-6E84199E612D.jpeg

This Pink Cadillac had lost much of its color prior to light change, most likely due to salinity swings and nutrient deficiencies. After correcting both, the Coral Care has been able to pull some really great colors.

OP
OP
pharazon

pharazon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Super crazy polyp extension. Really neat. The blood red / red one is really nice. No idea what it is but that has some really nice color. Great job.

Thank you! The mille is a favorite for sure. Blood red under whites, hot pink under blues. The tissue has some green to it as well, but is rarely seen due to the shaggy PE.

U

User1

View Badges
Thank you! The mille is a favorite for sure. Blood red under whites, hot pink under blues. The tissue has some green to it as well, but is rarely seen due to the shaggy PE.

Thanks for the information. I know this is going to be a dumb question but if I was to look for a frag what is the name? Hopefully it is just a normal and not designer :) I have nothing like that and think it is something I'm going to add to me list :)

It really is an eye catcher.

OP
OP
pharazon

pharazon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the information. I know this is going to be a dumb question but if I was to look for a frag what is the name? Hopefully it is just a normal and not designer :) I have nothing like that and think it is something I'm going to add to me list :)

It really is an eye catcher.

It does not, as far as I know, have a name. If you’re in the SoCal area you could get frags from myself, or check with Reef Lounge USA where I originally got it from. :)

U

User1

View Badges
It does not, as far as I know, have a name. If you’re in the SoCal area you could get frags from myself, or check with Reef Lounge USA where I originally got it from. :)

Thanks. Up north though. You mention Mille so I'll use that with red and see what I get. Thanks again.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that pink Cadillac sure took a turn for the better! Would put that on mostly nutrient issues and not so much the light? Thanks for documenting this. This light intrigued me in the beginning but the par numbers are just so low, it seems it’s really only good for certain applications.

OP
OP
pharazon

pharazon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow that pink Cadillac sure took a turn for the better! Would put that on mostly nutrient issues and not so much the light? Thanks for documenting this. This light intrigued me in the beginning but the par numbers are just so low, it seems it’s really only good for certain applications.

I would absolutely pin it on nutrients. The point here is that the coral had no issue developing great color under the Philips once the parameter issue was rectified.

OP
OP
pharazon

pharazon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here’s one I’m pretty stoked about..

Probably my greatest joy in reefing is growing tiny nubs of acropora into full colonies. This one has a ways to go, but in the last month it’s started laying down some crust and coloring up.

The before picture is not so great - I guess I didn’t bother to take a very good picture because it wasn’t much to look at.

July
91BE372E-8711-4F15-A336-FB25C33B4EB5.jpeg

September
06837EC2-E92C-4A56-915A-1DB00056A584.jpeg

By far the slowest growing tenuis I’ve ever kept, but starting to look like its worth the wait!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here’s one I’m pretty stoked about..

Probably my greatest joy in reefing is growing tiny nubs of acropora into full colonies. This one has a ways to go, but in the last month it’s started laying down some crust and coloring up.

The before picture is not so great - I guess I didn’t bother to take a very good picture because it wasn’t much to look at.

July
91BE372E-8711-4F15-A336-FB25C33B4EB5.jpeg

September
06837EC2-E92C-4A56-915A-1DB00056A584.jpeg

By far the slowest growing tenuis I’ve ever kept, but starting to look like its worth the wait!
Ooo! That's gonna be nice!!

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful, I am considering 2 of those for my new build. Do they have lunar option? also any idea if they release some kind of mounting arm?
and last, could you please share your schedule? I would like to see how it looks.

thank you

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back