Phillips CoralCare V2; 2020 US release

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I both listen to Luc and saw the fixture at Vivarium. Impressed of both. One of the best presentations of LED Lighting (according to corals) I have heard.

The fixture have lost 7 kg and looks very good. The fixture use a diffuser plate and give a very even spread and no disco.

The solution of the shimmer effect was genius and give a shimmer without disco and if you turn down the whites - the shimmer will be less and without whites on - no shimmer as I understand it.

Sincerely Lasse

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I both listen to Luc and saw the fixture at Vivarium. Impressed of both. One of the best presentations of LED Lighting (according to corals) I have heard.

The fixture have lost 7 kg and looks very good. The fixture use a diffuser plate and give a very even spread and no disco.

The solution of the shimmer effect was genius and give a shimmer without disco and if you turn down the whites - the shimmer will be less and without whites on - no shimmer as I understand it.

Sincerely Lasse

7kg is about 15lbs I think? How heavy was the original?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the physical dimensions been listed yet?

I'd love to see rectangular ones, the square shape seems like the best fit for a a cube but maybe not for the typical rectangle aquarium shape.

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see rectangular ones, the square shape seems like the best fit for a a cube but maybe not for the typical rectangle aquarium shape.

I noticed that too, maybe they figure people will want multiple fixtures for most tanks?

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think the current shape is a better design with modularity in mind (will fit more aquariums than a longer fixture).

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting product! I’m very curious to see where this goes - I think it has very strong potential.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can confirm we will launch our brand new CoralCare (Gen2) in the US.
The launch date will be somewhere early next year and we are slowly releasing more information about the products (controller and fixture). I will make sure this topic will be updated with the most recent information we share. Stay tuned :).

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg
Luc, are you able to share the slides that were cycling on the presentation screen behind the gentleman that was interviewing you at MACE?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this quote sums up the fan situation pretty well:

Active moving components like fans are very efficient in cooling a heatsink but are linked to two major disadvantages. They are sensitive to environmental effects and have a limited lifetime. The overall reliability of a products is determined by its weakest (most unreliable) component. Fans are influenced by a dusty environment, higher humidity and corrosion. These conditions are quite common in the area our lighting is installed. Therefore Philips (in general) minimizes the use of active parts as much as possible.

Next to reliability, the fans also reduce the overall robustness against water.

Due to the moving parts, fans (and their enclosures) are not splash water proof. In an aquatic environment, stability and reliability are of major importance. Active parts negatively influence these aspects. Therefore, a fan-less design is a more reliable choice for both maintenance and durability.

ricardh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like its all passive cooling?

Yes its all passive cooling, keep in mind that whole of the lamp is a big heatsink of aluminium and no fan is needed.

I'v been using the first Philips Corale Care version during last two years, and the heatsink function as a charm, and of course zero noise.

Sincerely Lasse

I think that the PCC may be is the nearest Led fixture to the old T5 fixtures, at least when we tallk about natural light term.

Yes 10kg, my fixture was on my tank with a boxing bag holder, and is not a joke ;=)

I dont know which is the coverage that the new fitxture has, but the first one was 90cm x 60cm (35" x 23") and is true, i mantain with great success SPS on both sides of a 39" long tank with only one PCC Fixture.

Some pictures of my tank with First Philips Corale Care Fixture Version:

IMG_20181222_161718_716 (1).jpg
IMG_20181222_161738_462 (1).jpg
IMG_20190122_100249_704.jpg
IMG_20190215_191532_604.jpg

Last edited:
Back