Phosphate checker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not understanding why I can’t get a reading with my Hanna phosphate checker in the day but I can get a reading at night? Someone told me it depends on the light in the room. I’m sure I have more light in the room in the day time then at night. Then I also use my alk checker and it gives me readings no matter what. I’m thinking I may need to get a new one or upgrade to the phosphorus checker.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems odd to say the least. Might be interesting to see what responses you get before scrapping it, hence this bump.

OP
OP
B

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked since it only works at night. Got s reading of 0.05. I’m gonna check again in the afternoon around 11-12 since my auto water change of 5 gallons is done st 8am. And before I feed. If I don’t get a reading at my testing time I’ll know for sure it’s the checker

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked since it only works at night. Got s reading of 0.05. I’m gonna check again in the afternoon around 11-12 since my auto water change of 5 gallons is done st 8am. And before I feed. If I don’t get a reading at my testing time I’ll know for sure it’s the checker

0.00 to 0.05 is well within the range of accuracy for that checker. If you are getting readings at night after you have fed, and a 0.00 reading during the day before you feed, the feeding and accuracy range are probably the issue. I have a Hanna ULR checker and I alway check around noon, no problem with light.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@B-ridge, do you have the calibration fluid? That would be the real way to tell if your checker is bad or not.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back