Phosphate control

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use acurel phosphate reducing pads in my Nuvo 20's media racks :) have been for over a year now with great success.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also using bonded white and blue pads but I will try Acruel. Thanks @nautical_nathaniel
The blue and white pads I use as filter floss. I put the filter floss on the top and bottom sections of the rack with the phosphate pads in the middle.

tsav87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea NOPOX will rid your tank of PO4 quickly, but you don't want 0.00ppm phosphate, it might encourage dinos or cyano. You also don't want your nitrates to hit zero either, same scenario.

If you go with the NOPOX, test every day so that you know what's going on in your system. Keep PO4 at around 0.02 or 0.04 ppm and nitrates around 2 ppm.

tsav87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note, when using NOPOX, I think a protein skimmer is required. I know that mine would pull out the nastiest smelling brown gunk (worse than normal) when I was dosing NOPOX.

Sharkbate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I use a bag Rhowaphos and sit it in the filter compartment . I run two Nano systems one has a slimmer the other does not . I don’t aim for zero’s and hardly ever test the figures . I can tell by looking if things are out of whack usually ...1/3 water changes weekly also.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back