Photometrics for AL DX18 Dimmable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts. Is there a place to find established photometrics for the dx18? If so where would I find them as I didn’t see them in the product literature on your website. Would be looking for the metrics of various bulbs at different mounting heights. I am considering a 48x24x24 tank in a DIY canopy so would like to figure recommended mounting height which will dictate canopy dimensions. FYI LEDs to be added in the future.

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts. Is there a place to find established photometrics for the dx18? If so where would I find them as I didn’t see them in the product literature on your website. Would be looking for the metrics of various bulbs at different mounting heights. I am considering a 48x24x24 tank in a DIY canopy so would like to figure recommended mounting height which will dictate canopy dimensions. FYI LEDs to be added in the future.
I believe it’s 8in but I forget. There is a BRS video out there for the recommended height

OP
OP
Weasel1960

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it’s 8in but I forget. There is a BRS video out there for the recommended height
Thanks. I wish BRS (and others, tagged some below) would include this data on their product info pages. For instance I thought I was going to buy an Echotec S2. Had to search all over Echotec site to find pump curve. Found out that the S2 loses about 400 gpm to lift 4 ft. So now I know to kick it up a model. This kind of data should be provided to the customer at the point of sale. At a minimum a link back to manufacturer data page. @randyBRS @Tim at EcoTech @Maxspect

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
BRS has done a good review of the light and PAR at 8" off the top of the aquarium.

Original and DX18 are very similar. Their reflector shapes are almost identical.

OP
OP
Weasel1960

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply to this question. As an architectural technician and project manager I am accustom to looking at this kind of product data when specifying a light fixture or pump for one of my projects. I am just thinking out loud, that since this hobby has a whole lot of people who seem to dig into the specifics, the manufacturers in the industry might want to consider making this product information and any installation manuals available to the potential customer. Without a doubt BRS does a great job with their videos, for the products they carry, others don’t do videos which makes it tougher for the consumer to get the right information up front.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I would agree as a manufacturer and it would make sense. However, we have learned that customers are more willing to trust a party other than the manufacturer for their independent, tested results of our products.

I have the details on reflector shape, ballast used and other specifics, but we have not gone into different manufacturers T5 lamp configurations and PAR data testing.

OP
OP
Weasel1960

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree as a manufacturer and it would make sense. However, we have learned that customers are more willing to trust a party other than the manufacturer for their independent, tested results of our products.

I have the details on reflector shape, ballast used and other specifics, but we have not gone into different manufacturers T5 lamp configurations and PAR data testing.
And I apologize if any of this info is covered in your AL forum. I have only been a member of this site for a month tomorrow and try to look at something new every night. AL will be on my list for tonight....I didn’t even know the sponsors had forum sites here. Thanks again.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
No problem at all. Its good to chat. If you need anything reach out will be glad to try and help.

R2R is the only site we are on, as people here seem to want to help each other mostly, and that has our vote.

Back