Photos of corals, why only frag photos

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in this hobby for about 3 years now and I love to look at corals on vendors sites for what might be my next purchase. I like the wysiwg frags but why don’t they post a picture of the coral grown out also? I know I can search for photos of full size corals but I would like to see the frag and at least a representation of the full size coral. Little blobs on a plug are hard to know what it’s going to do when it grows up. I know it’s not a file size issue, most web servers/hosting services give plenty of space. Does anyone else feel the same way when shopping for the next cool coral for your reef?

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't order corals online but I totally hear you. When I sell frags on OfferUp I usually only post pictures of the mother colony and then write how much will be fragged (and I always give people more then they expect so they're always happy).

OP
OP
Nanorock1970

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't order corals online but I totally hear you. When I sell frags on OfferUp I usually only post pictures of the mother colony and then write how much will be fragged (and I always give people more then they expect so they're always happy).
So...Ummm what do you have to frag...lol. Still having coral issues myself at the moment so not until I get things straight yet.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...Ummm what do you have to frag...lol. Still having coral issues myself at the moment so not until I get things straight yet.
Lol I don't ship but if your ever in Washington state come on by!

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was the main frag person a LFS for 5 years. Benefit of the job was being allowed to take home the ugliest final frag of the large specimen we got in.

At one time I had dozens upon dozens of different acans and acros. Lost them all to a major event. Didn't stay mad for very long bc all frags were free that the Owner allowed me to take bc it was too ugly after fragging.

Most frags that are sold are ChopShop Frags.....meaning there is no Mother that its being grown from.

LFS don't have time to grow crap out.

Order large specimens thru wholesale and CHOP 'EM UP

Many times 10x'ing their money. Buying a $100 large piece then fragging it up into frags worth $1,000 or more when all of its healed and sold.

So you're thinking... why dont I just buy $100 pieces thru wholesale?.. Ha!

To buy wholesale you need a vendors license, an application and usually a $1,000 minimum order

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back