Phytoplankton: Single Doses, Manually Dose, or Connect to a Doser!

Easyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I do agree regarding phytoplankton. I’ve seen a lot of increase tank stability since manually dosing daily phyto. Are you planning on selling it online?
Thank you for your feedback. If you are writing from the USA im sure our official distributor, Coral Vue, will be better able to help you find an online dealer.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score

EasyReefs EasyBooster Phytoplankton Gel

PRODUCT LINKS:

In nature, there is one key organism that stands alone as the base of the marine ecosystem. Without this small giant, life in the ocean would be impossible.

Phytoplankton or marine microalgae are microscopic vegetable cells that can be found dispersed in the sea. Marine phytoplankton is considered a superfood containing vitamins, essential fatty acids, amino acids, proteins, carbohydrates, minerals and bioactive compounds involved in the metabolic activities of all living marine organisms.

EasyBooster from #EasyReefs makes feeding your aquarium beneficial phytoplankton simple to manage. It is a super-concentrated phytoplankton liquid gel for our reef tanks. Best of all, it DOES NOT NEED REFRIGERATION!!! You heard it right; EasyBooster can be preserved at room temperature for over 18months without any form of refrigeration.

EasyBooster is available in convenient one-shot blister packs or a larger 250ml pouch for a simple hands-off approach when used in conjunction with a dosing pump. Connect the Easy Booster 25 to a liquid doser and have it automatically add phytoplankton to your system once, twice, six, twelve, or even twenty-four times a day. Whatever you decide!

Start dosing a small amount on a daily basis and work your way up as the weeks go by. On a 250 gal system, we recommend starting with 2ml daily the first week and then increase the dosage by 2ml every week until you reach 8 ml a day.

We luv your products, thanks for sharing, comrade

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I do agree regarding phytoplankton. I’ve seen a lot of increase tank stability since manually dosing daily phyto. Are you planning on selling it online?
Which products are you specifically looking to purchase? We can help get you in touch with a retailer partner.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've asked EasyReefs to come on and answer your question. I think their answer will be a lot more interesting and offer more substance than I can!

Thank you for the awesome feedback!

We do have a 1500ml size available: https://www.coralvue.com/easy-reefs-easybooster-pro

Should there be a version that's even larger?
I'm having trouble locating the 1500ml for sale. I clicked on a few search results but got privacy warnings, though they were all vendors that I've never heard of before. Also, what is the best method to hook up to a doser? Is there a provision to thread on a MurLock fitting so that we can use standard RO tubing? Thanks!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm having trouble locating the 1500ml for sale. I clicked on a few search results but got privacy warnings, though they were all vendors that I've never heard of before. Also, what is the best method to hook up to a doser? Is there a provision to thread on a MurLock fitting so that we can use standard RO tubing? Thanks!
  1. We've made the 1500ml available for sale on our own website so you can purchase it from us: https://www.coralvue.com/easy-reefs-easybooster-pro
  2. You can do that just fine. :)

Larry L

View Badges
Reaction score
I stopped by the @Easyreefs booth at MACNA and picked up some EasyBooster and Masstick samples, have been using them and really like them.

At the booth, I thought I remembered seeing some sort of fitting that could go on the 250 ml pouches to connect them to a doser - is that a product that is for sale, or was that just an example of how it could be done? If it's something to DIY, what fitting would I need to get to thread onto the 250 ml pouch?

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
I stopped by the @Easyreefs booth at MACNA and picked up some EasyBooster and Masstick samples, have been using them and really like them.

At the booth, I thought I remembered seeing some sort of fitting that could go on the 250 ml pouches to connect them to a doser - is that a product that is for sale, or was that just an example of how it could be done? If it's something to DIY, what fitting would I need to get to thread onto the 250 ml pouch?
Oh, that's the EasyConnect 25, you can pick that up from us directly if you need to, it's only $6:

https://www.coralvue.com/easyconnect-25

living_tribunal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Great video and interesting and practical package for dosing phytoplankton to the tank. Do you know if any one is dosing this product to rotifer or copepod cultures?
Could be a game changer since it doesn't need to be refrigerated. I don't understand how the pods stay alive long-term without refrigeration though.

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
No recomiendo que se use sin una bomba dosificadora, es muy difícil ajustar la dosis, es un producto denso.
Pablo - if the product is that thick then is it important to regularly clean the dosing pump and lines? Is preventative maintenance needed to avoid clogging or air in the lines? If so, how often?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
All right, y’all sucked me in to the big bag now that I’ve swapped my Apex to my newly redone system. I’ll get it hooked up whenever free shipping gets it to me. The #DOS is ready and waiting.

For a maintenance question, should we sanitize dosing lines with bag changes? If so, whatdo you recommend using?

ShaggyRS6

View Badges
Reaction score

EasyReefs EasyBooster Phytoplankton Gel

PRODUCT LINKS:

In nature, there is one key organism that stands alone as the base of the marine ecosystem. Without this small giant, life in the ocean would be impossible.

Phytoplankton or marine microalgae are microscopic vegetable cells that can be found dispersed in the sea. Marine phytoplankton is considered a superfood containing vitamins, essential fatty acids, amino acids, proteins, carbohydrates, minerals and bioactive compounds involved in the metabolic activities of all living marine organisms.

EasyBooster from #EasyReefs makes feeding your aquarium beneficial phytoplankton simple to manage. It is a super-concentrated phytoplankton liquid gel for our reef tanks. Best of all, it DOES NOT NEED REFRIGERATION!!! You heard it right; EasyBooster can be preserved at room temperature for over 18months without any form of refrigeration.

EasyBooster is available in convenient one-shot blister packs or a larger 250ml pouch for a simple hands-off approach when used in conjunction with a dosing pump. Connect the Easy Booster 25 to a liquid doser and have it automatically add phytoplankton to your system once, twice, six, twelve, or even twenty-four times a day. Whatever you decide!

Start dosing a small amount on a daily basis and work your way up as the weeks go by. On a 250 gal system, we recommend starting with 2ml daily the first week and then increase the dosage by 2ml every week until you reach 8 ml a day.

I’d love to give this a go actually . Looks very interesting!!

Pablo Easyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Breadman03, publicación: 6676411, miembro: 55719"]
Muy bien, todos ustedes me metieron en la bolsa grande ahora que cambié mi Apex a mi sistema recién renovado. Lo conectaré cada vez que me lo envíe el envío gratuito. El [HASH = 9512] #DOS [/ HASH] está listo y esperando.

Para una pregunta de mantenimiento, ¿debemos desinfectar las líneas de dosificación con cambios de bolsa? Si es así, ¿qué recomiendas usar?
[/CITAR]

no es necesario desinfectar

Where do you go in case of a real reef tank emergency?

• Me, myself and I

Votes: 121 41.3%
  • Local Friend

Votes: 28 9.6%
  • Reef2Reef

Votes: 121 41.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 7.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors