Phytoplankton: Single Doses, Manually Dose, or Connect to a Doser!

Pablo Easyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "living_tr tribunal, publicación: 6674347, miembro: 127910"]
Podría ser un cambio de juego, ya que no necesita ser refrigerado. Sin embargo, no entiendo cómo las vainas se mantienen vivas a largo plazo sin refrigeración.
[/ CITAR]

Our phytoplankton isn’t alive. It is harvested in its optimal production point to ensure it will contain the required nutritional properties. There are some advantages for this. Thanks to the production process and the mineral suspension, our phytoplankton can be stored at normal room temperature even after starting to use it. This helps a lot if you want to dose your product automatically using a dosing pump.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Breadman03, publicación: 6676411, miembro: 55719"]
Muy bien, todos ustedes me metieron en la bolsa grande ahora que cambié mi Apex a mi sistema recién renovado. Lo conectaré cada vez que me lo envíe el envío gratuito. El [HASH = 9512] #DOS [/ HASH] está listo y esperando.

Para una pregunta de mantenimiento, ¿debemos desinfectar las líneas de dosificación con cambios de bolsa? Si es así, ¿qué recomiendas usar?
[/CITAR]

no es necesario desinfectar
Thanks, Pablo!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
My bag didn't come with one. It just has a dispense button. What is my best option for hooking to my doser? Thanks!

FFEE879F-B229-445F-B3B2-E9B73FF6FF74.jpeg
My apology! I presumed that it came with a connector. Are you able to insert tubing into the dispenser or would you like me to send you a connector? I feel obligated now since I gave you incorrect info! Let me know.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My apology! I presumed that it came with a connector. Are you able to insert tubing into the dispenser or would you like me to send you a connector? I feel obligated now since I gave you incorrect info! Let me know.
I’m not sure that it would attach. The smaller packages have a threaded fitting for a screw on cap, and it appears to fit inside of that. The 1500 has a different spout. I’m not in a big rush, so I’d like to figure out what will work before ordering something.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m not sure that it would attach. The smaller packages have a threaded fitting for a screw on cap, and it appears to fit inside of that. The 1500 has a different spout. I’m not in a big rush, so I’d like to figure out what will work before ordering something.
@Pablo Easyreefs What do you suggest, brother? ;Bookworm

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
In the video for the EasySPS Evo gel it says that EasyBooster compliments the use for EasySPS. From what I can tell the only thing that is in EasyBooster that isn’t in EasySPS is Nannochloropsis, is that correct? What is the advantage to also feeding Nannochloropsis when already feeding EasySPS? Does the additional species of phyto have some benefits?

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
[email protected], I don't see these on your site. Do you know where I can source one? Thanks! Also, it's nice to see that you've already sold through your first shipment of the 1500ml package.
I didn't either. I emailed @Luis Easyreefs about 2.5 hours ago to see if I could get a list of products that each adapter works with. Bear in mind there is a big time zone difference, so I may not get word until tomorrow. I also inquired about bringing the EasyConnect Pro onboard since it seems like a gap in our offering. Once I hear back, I'll inform HQ to see if they want to bring the other adapter on (I don't see why not), then I'll follow up with you with the news. Thank you for your patience with me!

Samina

View Badges
Reaction score
So I ordered the 250ml Easy Booster from Amazon because I couldn’t source it anywhere else at the time. I was originally planning on hooking it up to a doser, but since it is pretty thick, I wasn’t sure if the dosers tubes will clog quickly. Also, I wasn’t sure if I can just pour it in a container and add some RODI to thin/dilute it without affecting shelf life.
So I just add about 2ml to the concoction of food I mix in the morning for the tank for the day (quarter chunck of LRS, cube of mysis, cube of cyclops, couple drops of Selcon) and feed that in 3 or 4 feedings throughout the day. My current setup is very young and I can say, I have not noticed any ill effects, rather I have noticed a positive effect on the pod population and coral. I was scared that it’ll just cause a bunch of nuisance algae to grow but since I have been using it (~3 wks) my nutrient levels have been maintained in a healthy range.
I actually bottomed out my nutrients for a few days accidentally because my algae reactor was too efficient. So I have actually been skimming with the collection open (just for aeration and pH control at night as it’s hooked up to a CO2 scrubber) and removed some chaeto so it doesn’t strip nutrients so quickly.
I am pretty happy with this product. I’ve always wanted to dose phyto and even looked into growing cultures but I always put it off because I wasn’t sure if I could keep up with it to make sure I don’t crash any culture. In the past, I have used off the shelf nonlive phyto additions and have had some really adverse reactions in my setups that led me to stop. This is the first time nonlive and preserved phyto is working for me.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
@Samina - great question about the thickness of this product. My understanding is that it doesn’t work well when trying to use a manual drip system, but it will work fine with a dosing pump. Good luck!

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I didn't either. I emailed @Luis Easyreefs about 2.5 hours ago to see if I could get a list of products that each adapter works with. Bear in mind there is a big time zone difference, so I may not get word until tomorrow. I also inquired about bringing the EasyConnect Pro onboard since it seems like a gap in our offering. Once I hear back, I'll inform HQ to see if they want to bring the other adapter on (I don't see why not), then I'll follow up with you with the news. Thank you for your patience with me!
I work in retail and get the pain of rolling out new products. A little patience and dialogue is how problems get resolved. Until we get the proper connecter, I'm just holding the bag over my tank and bumping the button.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
So I ordered the 250ml Easy Booster from Amazon because I couldn’t source it anywhere else at the time. I was originally planning on hooking it up to a doser, but since it is pretty thick, I wasn’t sure if the dosers tubes will clog quickly. Also, I wasn’t sure if I can just pour it in a container and add some RODI to thin/dilute it without affecting shelf life.
So I just add about 2ml to the concoction of food I mix in the morning for the tank for the day (quarter chunck of LRS, cube of mysis, cube of cyclops, couple drops of Selcon) and feed that in 3 or 4 feedings throughout the day. My current setup is very young and I can say, I have not noticed any ill effects, rather I have noticed a positive effect on the pod population and coral. I was scared that it’ll just cause a bunch of nuisance algae to grow but since I have been using it (~3 wks) my nutrient levels have been maintained in a healthy range.
I actually bottomed out my nutrients for a few days accidentally because my algae reactor was too efficient. So I have actually been skimming with the collection open (just for aeration and pH control at night as it’s hooked up to a CO2 scrubber) and removed some chaeto so it doesn’t strip nutrients so quickly.
I am pretty happy with this product. I’ve always wanted to dose phyto and even looked into growing cultures but I always put it off because I wasn’t sure if I could keep up with it to make sure I don’t crash any culture. In the past, I have used off the shelf nonlive phyto additions and have had some really adverse reactions in my setups that led me to stop. This is the first time nonlive and preserved phyto is working for me.
Hi, Samina! Thank you for trying EasyReefs and sharing such a detailed testimonial! ;Bookworm

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
In the video for the EasySPS Evo gel it says that EasyBooster compliments the use for EasySPS. From what I can tell the only thing that is in EasyBooster that isn’t in EasySPS is Nannochloropsis, is that correct? What is the advantage to also feeding Nannochloropsis when already feeding EasySPS? Does the additional species of phyto have some benefits?
I'm interested in this as well. I'm currently running both on a doser, but what're the benefits of dosing Easy Booster with EasySPS vs EasySPS alone?

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been running easy boost pro for over a year.saw it at RAP Orlando last year and got a 1500 months bag ordered from my lfs before anyone knew what it was.Very happy with the results and my pod population is exceptional and my tank looks great..I run a sps tank and want to try the sps formula But the large bags appear to be on backorder .Ihave slowly bumped up 5 ml per day
and I'm just running out now......I can't say that easy boost is a key but I like the idea of starting the food chain at the bottom as I feel everything in my tank benefits from it.

Is Reef Conservation/Stewardship a factor in your hobby decisions? (private poll)

• Very Important

Votes: 203 54.4%
  • Somewhat Imporatant

Votes: 123 33.0%
  • Not Too Important

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Not Important At All

Votes: 13 3.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Use pumps from different brands TOGETHER!