Phytoplankton: Single Doses, Manually Dose, or Connect to a Doser!

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
What's the deal with live phyto vs dead phyto with regard to increasing or decreasing phosphates.

There was another thread on dosing live phyto to reduce phosphates but that has not been my limited experience dosing the live stuff you get in a bottle from aqueculture vendors...maybe due to other organics in the bottle?

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
[email protected], I don't see these on your site. Do you know where I can source one? Thanks! Also, it's nice to see that you've already sold through your first shipment of the 1500ml package.
We are going to bring aboard the larger connectors. The good news is we have a couple here already. I would like to send you one for giving you bad information. Can you PM me your full name, shipping address, email address, and phone #? That way you can use the food as intended. :)

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We are going to bring aboard the larger connectors. The good news is we have a couple here already. I would like to send you one for giving you bad information. Can you PM me your full name, shipping address, email address, and phone #? That way you can use the food as intended. :)
Thanks!!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
I already provided your information to our team so we can get that on its way to you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Now we can steer other users in the right direction!

Luis Easyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
In the video for the EasySPS Evo gel it says that EasyBooster compliments the use for EasySPS. From what I can tell the only thing that is in EasyBooster that isn’t in EasySPS is Nannochloropsis, is that correct? What is the advantage to also feeding Nannochloropsis when already feeding EasySPS? Does the additional species of phyto have some benefits?
I'm interested in this as well. I'm currently running both on a doser, but what're the benefits of dosing Easy Booster with EasySPS vs EasySPS alone?
Hello,

Easybooster is designed to feed the benthic fauna of the aquarium, phytophagous corals and filter feeders. This product only contains a mixture of our four different microalgae blends.

On the other hand, the Easysps EVO is designed for feeding SPS carnivorous corals and the particle size is suitable for this type of corals. Easysps EVO particles are composed of zooplankton and small amounts of phytoplankton for their bioactive properties. The microalgae particles, being much smaller, could not be assimilated by the corals if they were not integrated in the particles of zooplankton.

Therefore our recommendation is to use both products simultaneously, thus ensuring the nutritional balance of the aquarium.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
I see lots of nano and Biocube owners introducing phyto to their tanks now. I'd love to see something available in a smaller size. I waste a lot.

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

Easybooster is designed to feed the benthic fauna of the aquarium, phytophagous corals and filter feeders. This product only contains a mixture of our four different microalgae blends.

On the other hand, the Easysps EVO is designed for feeding SPS carnivorous corals and the particle size is suitable for this type of corals. Easysps EVO particles are composed of zooplankton and small amounts of phytoplankton for their bioactive properties. The microalgae particles, being much smaller, could not be assimilated by the corals if they were not integrated in the particles of zooplankton.

Therefore our recommendation is to use both products simultaneously, thus ensuring the nutritional balance of the aquarium.

Thank you for your response @Luis Easyreefs . I still do have a question though. While I understand that EasyBooster is a mixture of several different species of phytoplankton or mirco algae, 3 for the 4 species that are in EasyBooster are already in EasySPS.
Palaemonetes varians
Nannochloropsis
Tetraselmis chuii
Isochrysis galbana
Phaeodactylum tricornutum
EasySPS​
X​
X​
X​
X​
EasyBooster​
X​
X​
X​
X​

Is there are specific benefit to feeding Nannochloropsis in addition to feeding the other 3 species of phytoplankton?

You also stated in your response the EasySPS contains "small amounts of phytoplankton for their bioactive properties", is this why the feeding with EasyBooster is also recommended? Can you share what percentage of EasyBooster is composed of phytoplanton vs zooplankton (Palaemonetes varians)? Would it be fair to say that EasySps is mainly zooplankton?

You also state "The microalgae particles, being much smaller, could not be assimilated by the corals if they were not integrated in the particles of zooplankton", would it be correct in assuming that the microalgae attach to the zooplankton which is acting as a carrier and their allows the consumption by the coral polyps?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We would recommend using our Easyconnect Prof as you can see in the picture.

Easyconnect Prof.JPG
@[email protected], this just came in today and works great! The fitting is basically two parts. The main part slips over the nozzle, then the top flips over the trigger. The red knob opens and closes the spout. The only issue I had is that the slit in the diaphragm wasn't cut quite all the way through, so I used a small screwdriver to gently open it. From grabbing the mail to fully installed took about 15 minutes, including running RO tubing from my basement to the tank upstairs. Future bag swaps will take maybe 30 seconds. The EasyBooster is about the consistency of motor oil, so I have it drop at the intake of a pump for quick dispersal into the water column.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
@[email protected], this just came in today and works great! The fitting is basically two parts. The main part slips over the nozzle, then the top flips over the trigger. The red knob opens and closes the spout. The only issue I had is that the slit in the diaphragm wasn't cut quite all the way through, so I used a small screwdriver to gently open it. From grabbing the mail to fully installed took about 15 minutes, including running RO tubing from my basement to the tank upstairs. Future bag swaps will take maybe 30 seconds. The EasyBooster is about the consistency of motor oil, so I have it drop at the intake of a pump for quick dispersal into the water column.
Thank you for following up with such a detailed explanation of the installation. I am delighted to hear that it worked out!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
I got mine setup but just realized something....I used silicon dosing lines and they leak some gasses, so they (the dosing lines) actually smell from the phyto and it makes the room smell.

Need to use vinyl lines instead.

The easy connect worked great though. Very cool setup.
Good to know! Thank you so much for following-up and sharing!

Joanxavier easyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "aarbutina, publicación: 6708782, miembro: 85264"]
Gracias por su respuesta [USER = 133465] @Luis Easyreefs [/ USER]. Sin embargo, todavía tengo una pregunta. Si bien entiendo que EasyBooster es una mezcla de varias especies diferentes de fitoplancton o algas mirco, 3 de las 4 especies que están en EasyBooster ya están en EasySPS.

Palaemonetes varians
Nanocloropsis
Tetraselmis chuii
Isochrysis galbana
EasySPS​
X​
X​
X​
X​
EasyBooster​
X​
X​
X​
X​
¿Hay algún beneficio específico en alimentar a Nannochloropsis además de alimentar a las otras 3 especies de fitoplancton?

También indicó en su respuesta que EasySPS contiene "pequeñas cantidades de fitoplancton por sus propiedades bioactivas", ¿es por eso que también se recomienda la alimentación con EasyBooster? ¿Puede compartir qué porcentaje de EasyBooster está compuesto de fitoplantón vs zooplancton ( Palaemonetes varians )? ¿Sería justo decir que EasySps es principalmente zooplancton?

También dice "Las partículas de microalgas, que son mucho más pequeñas, no podrían ser asimiladas por los corales si no estuvieran integradas en las partículas de zooplancton", ¿sería correcto suponer que las microalgas se unen al zooplancton que actúa como portador? y su permite el consumo por los pólipos de
Thank you for your response @Luis Easyreefs . I still do have a question though. While I understand that EasyBooster is a mixture of several different species of phytoplankton or mirco algae, 3 for the 4 species that are in EasyBooster are already in EasySPS.

Palaemonetes varians
Nannochloropsis
Tetraselmis chuii
Isochrysis galbana
EasySPS​
X​
X​
X​
X​
EasyBooster​
X​
X​
X​
X​
Is there are specific benefit to feeding Nannochloropsis in addition to feeding the other 3 species of phytoplankton?

You also stated in your response the EasySPS contains "small amounts of phytoplankton for their bioactive properties", is this why the feeding with EasyBooster is also recommended? Can you share what percentage of EasyBooster is composed of phytoplanton vs zooplankton (Palaemonetes varians)? Would it be fair to say that EasySps is mainly zooplankton?

You also state "The microalgae particles, being much smaller, could not be assimilated by the corals if they were not integrated in the particles of zooplankton", would it be correct in assuming that the microalgae attach to the zooplankton which is acting as a carrier and their allows the consumption by the coral polyps?
Hola soy Joan, la persona que está al cargo de la I+D+I en Easy reefs.
Me permito contestar ya que mi compañero Luis está actualmente en el CIPS de Shanghai. Lo hago además en español ya que mi inglés es muy pobre.
Easybooster es una mezcla de "solo" microalgas diseñada para potenciar la red trófica del acuario desde la base. Es decir, alimenta la población fitófaga del acuario.
La incorporación de Nannochloropsis en el Easybooster es debida a que provoca la producción de una enzima digestiva en el zooplancton que la consume. Esta enzima se transmite a los animales que se hayan alimentado con este zooplancton y es altamente beneficiosa para el mantenimiento en perfecto estado del sistema digestivo. Ayuda incluso en la maduración del intestino de las larvas de peces.

El Easysps se ha desarrollado para emular al zooplancton que se ha alimentado de microalgas.
Nosotros integramos mediante extrusión fria, alrededor del 10% de microalgas junto con el Palaemonetes y lo micronizamos en un rango de particulas que va desde 0,2 micras hasta 400 micras (40% < 0.2 - 60 micras - 50% <200 micras - 10%> 200 micras) Este rango permite que la mayoría de corales pueda atrapar el alimento.
Las microalgas y su funcion bioactiva mas importanyte que incorporamos en el Easysps son:
Tetraselmis chuii (TetraSOD)... TetraSOD es una patente nuestra. muy rica en antioxidante Superoxido Dismutasa
Isochrysis galbana... muy rica en acidos grasos DHA
Phaeodactylum tricornutum...caracterizada por su alto contenido en moléculas bioactivas tales como el ácido graso omega-3 EPA, el pigmento carotenoide fucoxantina y la crisolaminarina, un polisacárido de b-glucano

Espero que mis compañeros de Easy reefs traduzcan mi contestación.
Ruego que acepten mis disculpas por no poder contestar en inglés.

Luis Easyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score

Palaemonetes varians
Nannochloropsis
Tetraselmis chuii
Isochrysis galbana
EasySPS​
X​
X​
X​
X​
EasyBooster​
X​
X​
X​
X​

Hello,
Easybooster is a mixture of “only” microalgae designed to enhance the trophic chain of the aquarium from the base. That is, it feeds the phytophagous population of the aquarium. The incorporation of Nannochloropsis in Easybooster is due to the fact that it causes the production of a digestive enzyme in the zooplankton that consumes it. This enzyme is transmitted to animals that have been fed with this zooplankton and is highly beneficial for the maintenance in perfect condition of the digestive system. It even helps in the maturation of the intestine of fish larvae.

The Easysps has been developed to emulate the zooplankton that has been fed on microalgae. We integrate by cold extrusion, about 10% of microalgae together with the Palaemonetes and micronize it in a range of particles ranging from 0.2 microns to 400 microns. (40% < 0.2 - 60 microns - 50% <200 microns - 10% > microns). This range allows most corals to catch the food.

The microalgae and their most important bioactive function that we incorporate in the Easysps are:

Tetraselmis chuii (TetraSOD)… TetraSOS is a patent of ours and it is very rich in antioxidant Superoxide Dismutase.

Isochrysis galbana… very rich in fatty acids DHA.

Phaeodactylum tricornutum… characterized for its high content in bioactive molecules such as EPA omega-3 fatty acid, fucoxanthin carotenoid pigment, and cruciolaminarin, a b-glucan polysaccharide.

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
@CoralVue any idea when you will have the easybooster 1500 ml back in stock? And will it come with the dosing tube adapter or will I have to purchase that separate?

How often do have to clean your aquarium glass?

• Every Day

Votes: 69 9.8%
  • A few Days a Week

Votes: 206 29.2%
  • A Couple Days a Week

Votes: 210 29.7%
  • Once a Week

Votes: 171 24.2%
  • Every 10 or so Days

Votes: 43 6.1%
  • Every Couple of Weeks

Votes: 31 4.4%