• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Phytoplankton: Single Doses, Manually Dose, or Connect to a Doser!

Pablo Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If a reefer had to choose between EasyBooster or EasySps EVO in an acrodominant system, which would you guys recommend?
I would tell you to use both! Phytoplankton (Easybooster) favors one part of the food chain, and zooplankton (easyEVO) to another.

Luis Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What if I could only dose one?
Bearing in mind that you have an acrodominant system I would recommend Easysps EVO.

However, Easysps EVO and Easybooster are very different products and not using the latter one will mean losing very important properties for your system.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score

EasyReefs EasyBooster Phytoplankton Gel

PRODUCT LINKS:

In nature, there is one key organism that stands alone as the base of the marine ecosystem. Without this small giant, life in the ocean would be impossible.

Phytoplankton or marine microalgae are microscopic vegetable cells that can be found dispersed in the sea. Marine phytoplankton is considered a superfood containing vitamins, essential fatty acids, amino acids, proteins, carbohydrates, minerals and bioactive compounds involved in the metabolic activities of all living marine organisms.

EasyBooster from #EasyReefs makes feeding your aquarium beneficial phytoplankton simple to manage. It is a super-concentrated phytoplankton liquid gel for our reef tanks. Best of all, it DOES NOT NEED REFRIGERATION!!! You heard it right; EasyBooster can be preserved at room temperature for over 18months without any form of refrigeration.

EasyBooster is available in convenient one-shot blister packs or a larger 250ml pouch for a simple hands-off approach when used in conjunction with a dosing pump. Connect the Easy Booster 25 to a liquid doser and have it automatically add phytoplankton to your system once, twice, six, twelve, or even twenty-four times a day. Whatever you decide!

Start dosing a small amount on a daily basis and work your way up as the weeks go by. On a 250 gal system, we recommend starting with 2ml daily the first week and then increase the dosage by 2ml every week until you reach 8 ml a day.

#EasyReefs
Love your products, my question is for 1 ml of your product easy booster, what is the algae cell count. Thanks

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
We've got the adapters for the larger bags in stock now!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Would the Kmor X1 dosing pump be able to handle the requirements to auto dose ? I know that the tube is smaller than standard pumps
Yes, the X1 doser will work just fine. Keep in mind though that the maximum frequency schedule the X1 allows is once every 2 hours with a maximum of 12 doses in a 24 hour period. So as long as you're not looking to dose hourly, you'll be in good shape!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, the X1 doser will work just fine. Keep in mind though that the maximum frequency schedule the X1 allows is once every 2 hours with a maximum of 12 doses in a 24 hour period. So as long as you're not looking to dose hourly, you'll be in good shape!
Great tip and good to know - I didn't know that was a boundary with the X1. I will be adding a dosing pump for food sometime in 2020 so always looking for details like this!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
This looks very promising, Im not sure its sold anywhere in Europe though? :-(
EasyReefs is in Spain so it definitely is, although we are not the European distributor. @Pablo Easyreefs can probably help guide you!

Emre_Temur

View Badges
Reaction score
Is there any where in world selling easysps 1500 and easybooster 1500 together?
And are they come with ready for dosing pump connection or we have to buy 2 easyconnect?

Pablo Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Is there any where in world selling easysps 1500 and easybooster 1500 together?
And are they come with ready for dosing pump connection or we have to buy 2 easyconnect?

I am sorry but they are not manufactured together, it would be impossible to adjust the doses for proper use

Emre_Temur

View Badges
Reaction score
I am sorry but they are not manufactured together, it would be impossible to adjust the doses for proper use
I'm sorry. I mean two different products in stock, didn't want to mean one product for all. Looking for a seller who sells both of them. And I want to learn about easyconnect part to attach them to a doser, does it comes with 1500 pockets or we have to buy two easyconnect module too?

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 173 43.9%
  • Every Month

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 47 11.9%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 44 11.2%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 18 4.6%