• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Phytoplankton: Single Doses, Manually Dose, or Connect to a Doser!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you not directly sell the smaller bags of easy booster on the site?
We haven't in the past since that size is more readily available than the larger bags. Assuming the same brick & mortar and online stores replenish their inventory, we probably still won't as we don't like to take away sales from our retail partners. However, if sourcing the product does become an issue, we would make them available on the site for hobbyists that need it.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
So once this connector is on the bag nothing comes out do you take the rubber out of it or poke a hole in it?
Which connector? The one for the 250ml bag or the 1.5L bag?

With the 250ml bag: stick the barb into the blue rubber cap, and stick the cap into the neck of the bag. Then you can loosen the knob on the side until the connection is open.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
I got this bag

And this connector

I cut a hole in the rubber cap on the pro-adapter and it’s coming out now no clue if it’s right or not

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
I got this bag

And this connector

I cut a hole in the rubber cap on the pro-adapter and it’s coming out now no clue if it’s right or not

Here's a video of someone installing it. It's in chinese however, but you can see how he does it!

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
So looks like EasySPS EVO PRO 1500ml Gel is also now out of stock. Are these products going to be kept in stock on consistent basis because I hate to start using a product that is never in-stock after you start using it. I am not trying to discourage just want to know that if I start this product that it is going to be available when I run out.

Pablo Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So looks like EasySPS EVO PRO 1500ml Gel is also now out of stock. Are these products going to be kept in stock on consistent basis because I hate to start using a product that is never in-stock after you start using it. I am not trying to discourage just want to know that if I start this product that it is going to be available when I run out.
We are working with @CoralVue so that this doesn't happen again. Thanks for the interest

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Any updates on when the 1.5L bags are going to be in stock? I'm running low on my 250ml bags.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Any updates on when the 1.5L bags are going to be in stock? I'm running low on my 250ml bags.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was out sick the past couple of days. ;Nurse I checked inventory and the big bag of EasyBooster is back in stock. I inspected the packing list and didn't see the big bag of EasySPS EVO Gel on there so I am asking headquarters what the status of that is. The small size is in stock. I will follow up once I hear back.

UPDATE: We are placing another order. I guess this last one took so long to arrive because customs held it. Not what you probably want to hear, but I would suggest opting for the smaller bag of EasySPS EVO Gel for now unless you can hold out until March (assuming there is another customs delay).

Last edited:

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was out sick the past couple of days. ;Nurse I checked inventory and the big bag of EasyBooster is back in stock. I inspected the packing list and didn't see the big bag of EasySPS EVO Gel on there so I am asking headquarters what the status of that is. The small size is in stock. I will follow up once I hear back.

UPDATE: We are placing another order. I guess this last one took so long to arrive because customs held it. Not what you probably want to hear, but I would suggest opting for the smaller bag of EasySPS EVO Gel for now unless you can hold out until March (assuming there is another customs delay).
I was going to place an order for that big bag of easybooster, but looks like you guys are out of the pro adapters ;Sorry.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
I was going to place an order for that big bag of easybooster, but looks like you guys are out of the pro adapters ;Sorry.
I sent in a request to see if we can add some onto our next order!

intricate_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked but the 250ml bag, can this only be hooked to a doser or can you manually use it. Also what is the self life? I’m looking to try feeding this in my LPS tank, I know you have the pellets but I wanted to try some phyto. Which phyto product would be the best, easy sps or easy booster?

Last edited:

joelk835

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So if I want to dose the pro bag that you have in stock but you do not have the easy pro adapter in stock now how would I be able to do that?

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
So if I want to dose the pro bag that you have in stock but you do not have the easy pro adapter in stock now how would I be able to do that?
From what I understand you can manually dose. The pro adapter gives you a spot to hook a dosing line to and keeps the valve open for the doser to work its magic.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Does that mean that for the next shipment the adapter, easySPS Evo 1.5L and easyBooster 1.5L should be in stock?
You got it! You know, I was thinking about it this morning and how frustrating this must be as a user. EasyReefs is a brand that's been around for a while but is really starting to take off now, so we're having to modify order size and frequency to keep up with the new demand. All good things, but growing pains certainly.

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
You got it! You know, I was thinking about it this morning and how frustrating this must be as a user. EasyReefs is a brand that's been around for a while but is really starting to take off now, so we're having to modify order size and frequency to keep up with the new demand. All good things, but growing pains certainly.
Thanks Jeff, its a good problem to have!
I have been trying to get it through my local fish store but that process is to slow and they miss the product when you have it in stock so I am just going to order directly next time it’s all instock.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for looking out for us Jeff. I guess my short term plan will be to order another set of the 250mls to cover my tank until the 1.5l and adapters are in stock.

Is the small bag of EasyBooster (250ml) in stock currently?

Last edited:

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 169 43.4%
  • Every Month

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 55 14.1%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 43 11.1%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 18 4.6%