Phytoplankton: Single Doses, Manually Dose, or Connect to a Doser!

Luis Easyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked but the 250ml bag, can this only be hooked to a doser or can you manually use it. Also what is the self life? I’m looking to try feeding this in my LPS tank, I know you have the pellets but I wanted to try some phyto. Which phyto product would be the best, easy sps or easy booster?
You may definitely dose our 250ml bag products manually. We offer the option to use the doser as many people prefer to connect the product to a dosing pump and forget about the dosing. This has many advantages in order to ensure the regularity and accuracy of the doses.

Easysps/Easysps EVO has been developed to emulate the zooplankton that has been fed on microalgae which is eventually fed by SPS corals. The particle size of this product (40% < 0.2 - 60 microns - 50% <200 microns - 10% > microns) enables most SPS corals to catch the food.

Whereas Easybooster is a mixture of microalgae designed to enhance the trophic chain of the aquarium from the base. That is, it feeds the phytophagous population of the aquarium. In your case, our recommendation will be to use this product. If you had a SPS dominant system, you could dose both of the products simultaneously.

Luis Easyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
So if I want to dose the pro bag that you have in stock but you do not have the easy pro adapter in stock now how would I be able to do that?
You can of course dose manually with pro bags, just openning and closing the bag tap. We are working to ensure that the Easyconnect Pro adapters will be in stock as soon as possible to enable the automatic dosing of our products when needed.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a potentially stupid question... I'm looking into purchasing both the EasySPS and the EasyBooster and trying to calculate how long a bag will last me to test it.... On the coralvue site one reads 1ml per 250l and the other reads with dosage instructions per gallon instead (8ml/day for a 260 gallon tank). Is this gallon vs liter measurement difference correct? I'm just confused as to why the same brand would give directions for their products with different measuring units like that... It's been a long day though, so maybe I'm overthinking

Luis Easyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a potentially stupid question... I'm looking into purchasing both the EasySPS and the EasyBooster and trying to calculate how long a bag will last me to test it.... On the coralvue site one reads 1ml per 250l and the other reads with dosage instructions per gallon instead (8ml/day for a 260 gallon tank). Is this gallon vs liter measurement difference correct? I'm just confused as to why the same brand would give directions for their products with different measuring units like that... It's been a long day though, so maybe I'm overthinking
Hello,
I copy below the dosing instructions to see if this helps you:

Easybooster:
Initial daily dose --> 0.5ml for every 250L
Raise the dose a 25% weekly until reaching the recommended daily dose.
Recommended daily dose --> 2ml for every 250L

Easysps EVO:
Initial daily dose --> 1ml for every 250L
Recommended daily dose --> 4ml for every 250L

Let me know if this helps!

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,
I copy below the dosing instructions to see if this helps you:

Easybooster:
Initial daily dose --> 0.5ml for every 250L
Recommended daily dose --> 2ml for every 250L

Easysps EVO:
Initial daily dose --> 1ml for every 250L
Recommended daily dose --> 4ml for every 250L

Let me know if this helps!
Yes, for whatever reason the instructions being in different metrics from one to the next on the coral vue site just would not compute the other night. Thank you! I ordered some yesterday and I'm excited to try it

Luis Easyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, for whatever reason the instructions being in different metrics from one to the next on the coral vue site just would not compute the other night. Thank you! I ordered some yesterday and I'm excited to try it
We'll love to hear your feedback after using our products!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Is there an ETA on when the EasyConnect PRO Adapter will be available? I think I am not the only one holding off on buying any of the large size bags only because the adapters are out of stock.
I am checking that ETA for you and should have an answer for you today! Thank you so much for your interest in EasyReefs! Talk soon...

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
So... I got a connector attachment with one of the items, fits perfect. I bought an additional for the other, it came with a bag as well. The blue piece doesn't fit in the easybooster25, but it also doesn't fit in the bag that came in the same package as the easyconnect25. I emailed customer service at coral vue (since I purchased from them) about this and was told to transfer the product into the bag that came with the connector, it fits that. I haven't done that yet because it was my inital thought and the piece didn't fit in that either when I tested it before emailing. When I responded with this, her response was literally copy/paste the same thing again. Of course, I'm out of town for work tonight so I can't get a photo to send back.... any ideas? I tried my hardest to force it into the empty bag that came with and it's simply not the right size.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
So... I got a connector attachment with one of the items, fits perfect. I bought an additional for the other, it came with a bag as well. The blue piece doesn't fit in the easybooster25, but it also doesn't fit in the bag that came in the same package as the easyconnect25. I emailed customer service at coral vue (since I purchased from them) about this and was told to transfer the product into the bag that came with the connector, it fits that. I haven't done that yet because it was my inital thought and the piece didn't fit in that either when I tested it before emailing. When I responded with this, her response was literally copy/paste the same thing again. Of course, I'm out of town for work tonight so I can't get a photo to send back.... any ideas? I tried my hardest to force it into the empty bag that came with and it's simply not the right size.
I am very sorry for the confusion. I understand this must have been very frustrating. But fear not! We will fix this for you one way or another. Since I'm kind of flying blind myself as to what bags and connectors you have, please share those pictures with [email protected] and feel free to post them here or cc me on your email to support (I can be reached at [email protected]). We'll get this figured out so you can use your foods, I guarantee it!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Is there an ETA on when the EasyConnect PRO Adapter will be available? I think I am not the only one holding off on buying any of the large size bags only because the adapters are out of stock.
Any update on this?
Oh my! I am pretty sure one of our salesmen told me the answer to this earlier this week, but I can't seem to find it in an email or chat ... it may have been by phone and I failed to write it down. Forgive me! I emailed and chatted him again a moment ago, just waiting to hear back again. Thank you for bearing with me and my hazy memory.

There is a link on the product page as well so that we can send you an auto-notification email once it is back in stock if you'd like to try that feature out: https://www.coralvue.com/easyconnect-pro-adapter

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
I've been running the Easybooster for a couple weeks now. I'm surprised by how thick it is coming out of the doser. In a low flow spot it would sink like an algae wafer.

My current dosing schedule is:
930 2ml
1300 1ml
1800 1ml
2230 2ml

This hit the beginning and end of the photoperiod and 2 dosers during the day.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Any update on this?
In the interest of getting the PRO Adapters here quicker, we are checking to see if we can have a small amount, say 10-15, sent in an envelope so that, best case scenario, we might get them on Tuesday. That way you guys won't have to wait for the larger order to come, go through customs, etc.

Thanks in large part to the interest being generated in these threads, US sales are taking off for EasyReefs. So we really appreciate all of the questions, comments, and purchases! It is exciting to see more stores bringing on the brand as it's a company we truly believe in. If you have a favorite fish store that doesn't carry EasyReefs yet, feel free to share that store with us so that we can contact them. Better yet, ask them to carry it!

I set a reminder for Tuesday to check to see if we've got the PRO adapters yet. I will follow up that day to give you an update on where we're at.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Fantastic news! Thanks for the update Jeff. I hope to be swapping out my 250ml bags with the Pro bags and adapters when they are available again!
We really appreciate your support and understanding. Now that we're building some momentum here with the brand and getting it into more stores, we are are also able to place larger orders ... so it should be easier to source since we'll have healthier stocking levels and you'll have multiple places to purchase it.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
I am still waiting for an estimated time of arrival but I can confirm the separate connector shipment has happened or is happening. I'll know once I can track it. Tune in tomorrow for another exciting update! ;Woot ;Facepalm

Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

• I'm still ordering and not worried

Votes: 270 33.4%
  • I'm ordering but being cautious about delivery

Votes: 155 19.2%
  • No I am not ordering right now

Votes: 345 42.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 39 4.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors