Picking a Light

AshleysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

New to the hobby and would like to purchase a light for an Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion Pro 30, the website says the display dimensions are L 35" W 10” Height: 13”.
I am looking for a light that will be able to help me grow LPS and soft coral and maybe in a few years venture into SPS.

I have made a list of light options mostly based on my own research and within my budget, I am hoping someone could tell me what would give me the best results, sorry there are so many options and it's a bit overwhelming
Thanks!

1) 2 x Kessil A360WEs

2) 2 x AI Prime 16HD

3) 1 x Radion XR15 G5 PRO

4) 1 x Hydra 32HD

Thank you

Ramdude4G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered going with a T5 setup? If you are new to this hobby T5 is a tried and true method and proven to grow corals and will save you some money up front. Then once you are into it for a while and have learned a lot and have you tank stable and the corals doing good and established maybe change over to LED.

Hamsnacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered going with a T5 setup? If you are new to this hobby T5 is a tried and true method and proven to grow corals and will save you some money up front. Then once you are into it for a while and have learned a lot and have you tank stable and the corals doing good and established maybe change over to LED.
I did consider T5s, my only issue with that was the width of my tank could probably only handle 3 T5 Bulbs at 36", with them being 39w each. So I figured why not just go LED for a similar wattage and a "cleaner" look. Was planing on just using the gooseneck versus hanging.

Hamsnacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AshleysReef my apologies!!! I posted a similar question earlier, saw your post, followed and when I saw a response I thought it was a response to my own post, did not mean to hijack your post.
By the time I realized I could not delete the comment. Sorry about that!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back