Pico reef! Lifegard Aquatics Crystal AIO 4.1!

OP
OP
Daniel92481

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking awesome going to sad day when you move it all over to the 30L.
Thanks @DDenny

I plan to keep this one up and running even when I get the 30L. I will just be moving a few frags. A lot of the ones I listed! :)

Last edited:

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superb husbandry skills! What water do you use for your water changes? Home made or do you buy water from an LFS? If it's home made do you have an RODI unit? Thanks for sharing! Joe in NY

OP
OP
Daniel92481

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superb husbandry skills! What water do you use for your water changes? Home made or do you buy water from an LFS? If it's home made do you have an RODI unit? Thanks for sharing! Joe in NY
Hey, thanks Joe!

I make my own water here at home with a 4 Stage 75gpd Value plus kit from BRS.

Aaron Almager

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your tank! I am using the same Lifegard for my new build. I purchased the Sicce Nano to bring in a little more flow though I have yet to install it. I just thought the 87gph wouldn't be enough down the road. Glad to see you went with a highend light too. I thought it might be a little crazy to throw on something $$$.

Just curious, what's the glow stick for?

Good luck in the future & thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Daniel92481

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your tank! I am using the same Lifegard for my new build. I purchased the Sicce Nano to bring in a little more flow though I have yet to install it. I just thought the 87gph wouldn't be enough down the road. Glad to see you went with a highend light too. I thought it might be a little crazy to throw on something $$$.

Just curious, what's the glow stick for?

Good luck in the future & thanks for sharing!
Hey, thanks a lot! I appreciate the kind words. You’ll have to let me know how the Sicce nano works out for you. I have the Sicce Micra plus, but haven’t hooked it up yet. The quiet one 400 still seems to be doing the job for now. It’s only rated for 103gph though. This light is definitely over powered, but I’m only running it at 60% and it is working out well. The glow stick is for stirring the sand, pointing at corals, or moving frags around. I have found that it has many different uses. I used to see them at coral events/frag swaps. People would use them to point at the coral they wanted. I just thought they were so cool, I had to get some for myself. :)

Aaron Almager

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, thanks a lot! I appreciate the kind words. You’ll have to let me know how the Sicce nano works out for you. I have the Sicce Micra plus, but haven’t hooked it up yet. The quiet one 400 still seems to be doing the job for now. It’s only rated for 103gph though. This light is definitely over powered, but I’m only running it at 60% and it is working out well. The glow stick is for stirring the sand, pointing at corals, or moving frags around. I have found that it has many different uses. I used to see them at coral events/frag swaps. People would use them to point at the coral they wanted. I just thought they were so cool, I had to get some for myself. :)
Ahh gotcha! Utility plus adds some depth to your pics. I looked up your lid on Kraken Reef, very valuable info!

OP
OP
Daniel92481

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh gotcha! Utility plus adds some depth to your pics. I looked up your lid on Kraken Reef, very valuable info!
Awesome man! Yea, Kraken reefs is legit! Quick turnaround time and they also have some UV reactive feed cups if you want to add that. So cool.

OP
OP
Daniel92481

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another quick update here…

All in all, pico is doing good. I rearranged a few corals due to warfare on my Duncan. I had to move the candy cane down a little, while moving the Duncan to the right side where the bowsers used to be. I now have them on the left side of the rock for now. My Duncan was turning black in the spots it was getting stung by the candy cane. I didn’t realize that they would sting any of my corals. Now that I have moved the Duncan out of his way, the Duncan is definitely looking better and starting to recover. I also have some sad news to report about one of my newest additions. Sadly, my glitter bomb goniopora disintegrated. So heartbreaking! I have lost a few corals during the few years I’ve been in the hobby, but this one definitely hurt the most. Not only because of its beauty, but because it was a cool $299, making it the most expensive coral I’ve lost to date. Ugh! I guess these are things that we have to be prepared for. Just sucks. On a brighter note, the other corals are doing well, I would say thriving in this system. I’m still manually adding top off every night, as well as testing parameters biweekly. To maintain levels, I have also been adding Kent Marine nano A&B every night. Usually between 10-15 drops, keeping ALK at 7.5-7.7. I had some extra space between my new 30L and the pico, so I decided to set up another cool little tank. It’s a 1/2 gallon micro reef. I posted some info about it on another thread if you want to take a look! I will also post a few pics of it here along with some new pics of the pico. That should be it for now. Just trying to keep things stable as can be.

Thanks for reading reefers! Now for some pics!
2495D082-27A0-4854-8826-FCC7F0D82C4A.jpeg
E2033698-F17D-4AE6-AF90-9E1AAFF9166A.jpeg
AD3D54D2-6682-4705-9A75-10AFE22BD781.jpeg
A679D207-2695-43BA-8041-B97FA200A729.jpeg
560CE2A1-233C-4350-A492-FB6063C864F0.jpeg
6D14F670-6653-42B2-BA03-80F1A598B594.jpeg
4CFA5336-E204-4173-AD0F-5662047C6442.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back