DSC_0039-(2).jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like you have some redundant systems running, like zeo and prodibio are you going to go one route or the other? Also I thought running p04 removers, and denitrifiers would be a waste while also running carbon based systems?

Where did you get the SPS a lot of them look like the maricultured stuff, Ive always had trouble with maricultured stuff and prefer growing stuff from frags. I see a bunch in there with some STN on the bases, how long have you had them?

Lots of stuff packed tight any worry's about space competition as the corals grow in. I mounted a favia to close to a chalice and am now regretting it as the favia is killing the chalice off.

You might have already answered this but what are you doing flow in the tank, I don't see any vortechs or tunzes? When did you set up this tank? What type of clam is that on the rocks on the right?

Thanks for posting all the pics, your kids look into it! I see future skimmer cleaners lol.

OP
OP
C

chenwon54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re: 240G

Sorry for the delay. I never have had issues with marco/farmed colonies before this recent issue. I was on vacation - my RKE went haywire. My MH were on for 3 days straight, hence the cyano. My CA Reactor feed pump went out. ALK was at 4.5 and ca below at 350. I'm pretty lucky I didn't loose much. I think larely due to the lights being on the whole time so the PH didn't go nuts. Make sense?

I use bits and pieces of each prodibio and zeovit. Not doubling up on both. Not exactly cost effective.

I've had great sucess with keeping a jam packed tank. no issues with in fighting or slowed growth. I think it really depends on proximity and the use of carbon which I use 24/7.

Back