Pics of my new LifeReef sump

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... I love it. My sump for the new tank I'm working on. This will replace the original Elos sump that comes with my setup. I cannot wait to get this build going! I will be using a Pax Bellum reactor for a fuge..

1sump.jpg

2sump.jpg

3sump.jpg

J-West

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sayitfast : I am researching/shopping for a Sump and Refugium for my 90 gallon. One of the brands I've narrowed down to is LifeReef.
Now that you've had your LifeReef for a few months - how do you like it ??? How is it operating ??? What features do you like best ???
Which features could you do without ???

OP
OP
sayitfast

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sayitfast : I am researching/shopping for a Sump and Refugium for my 90 gallon. One of the brands I've narrowed down to is LifeReef.
Now that you've had your LifeReef for a few months - how do you like it ??? How is it operating ??? What features do you like best ???
Which features could you do without ???

I really like it... works great. It's much quieter than I thought it would be. I did get the upgraded venturi so maybe that helps. I'm not using the bio pellet reactor at this point but I do use the other two and they work without issue. It was very easy to setup and very easy to maintain. The reactor can be easily removed and the skimmer is easy to drain without removing the collection cup if you're in a hurry. The only issue I have is space... I had to get the compact version as I just don't have much room. I might opt for a different skimmer in the future only to save room as I have three pumps and they take up a lot room. I've been eyeing a skimmer with a built in pump but only to save room not because I'm not happy with the one I have. It skims very well.

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... I love it. My sump for the new tank I'm working on. This will replace the original Elos sump that comes with my setup. I cannot wait to get this build going! I will be using a Pax Bellum reactor for a fuge..

1sump.jpg

2sump.jpg

3sump.jpg

WOW ! That is one purrrty filtration system !
I'm looking into LifeReef now, but they seem to have a long wait list. Not sure if I can't wait 2 or 3 months.
So which model is that that you have ? It's really cool looking ! Can you use the reactors shown there for calcium ?

OP
OP
sayitfast

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW ! That is one purrrty filtration system !
I'm looking into LifeReef now, but they seem to have a long wait list. Not sure if I can't wait 2 or 3 months.
So which model is that that you have ? It's really cool looking ! Can you use the reactors shown there for calcium ?

The reactors on mine will not work as a calcium reactor, however you can request that option... mine is custom and the closest would be the CLF2 Compact but I made several changes to fit my system.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you request the colored acrylic? I haven't actually seen anything that Jeff has built from anything but clear. I think you will like that skimmer. Looks really nice!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you are liking your set up I ordered mine from Jeff and it should be ready near the end of the month. Mine will be signature series-ish flourecent blue rather than the green. Congrats on the awesome set up !!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, wonderful upgrade you have there.
Is there a place where we can see pictures of it in action?

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered two "Signature Series" CLF2 Systems with some custom options from Jeff. I've heard nothing but good things about LifeReef so I decided to delay my 120-gallon build and get on their waiting list. One is for my 120, and the other will be for my 180-gallon. Mine is up for build in May. Can't wait !

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back