##### Picture Entry: BC BLOOD BANK GROW-OUT CONTEST #####

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

acananoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the sake of getting my submission in. My frag arrived today after an unfortunate 48 hours in transit due to “Mechanical Delays” with UPS. Frag is really upset and had a good amount of zoox die off and created cloudy water. I’m hoping for a strong bounce back and be a Real contender here! What would a grow out contest be with out a good challenge

First Submission:

7D306145-BB83-44D7-B044-4689019898AA.jpeg
It's a chonker, hope it pulls through!

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't count me out yet! I didn't make it to the end of the last contest. I'm determined to, at the very least, end this with a beautiful colony and memories that I'll never forget. Let's gooooo! Measurement pics in 3 weeks. It's hard to see in the photo, but there is visible healing around the tips of the coralites and the color hasn't left it...yet.

20221008_141817.jpg

20221008_142127.jpg

acananoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't count me out yet! I didn't make it to the end of the last contest. I'm determined to, at the very least, end this with a beautiful colony and memories that I'll never forget. Let's gooooo! Measurement pics in 3 weeks. It's hard to see in the photo, but there is visible healing around the tips of the coralites and the color hasn't left it...yet.

20221008_141817.jpg

20221008_142127.jpg
Daily updates?!

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys for anyone who thinks they have had it rough over the last month just be happy your not me. Ive been losing my favorite colonies one after another this past month. Losses are finally slowing down and luckily my bloodbank frag is continuing to grow. All this after my corals were looking the best they ever have. Going to be doing an icp test myself since at first whatever was causing corals to RTN was only my colonies that came from mariculture. More recently i started seeing losses on frags ive gotten from other reefers including most of what I got in my battlebox with my bloodbank frag but much more like STN then RTN. This is the first time I've had a mass loss, I think i had a little over 1k into the colonies and frags that have died so far.
20221007_173835.jpg

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys for anyone who thinks they have had it rough over the last month just be happy your not me. Ive been losing my favorite colonies one after another this past month. Losses are finally slowing down and luckily my bloodbank frag is continuing to grow. All this after my corals were looking the best they ever have. Going to be doing an icp test myself since at first whatever was causing corals to RTN was only my colonies that came from mariculture. More recently i started seeing losses on frags ive gotten from other reefers including most of what I got in my battlebox with my bloodbank frag but much more like STN then RTN. This is the first time I've had a mass loss, I think i had a little over 1k into the colonies and frags that have died so far.
20221007_173835.jpg
That's rough! Sorry for your losses. Glad to hear the frag is still kicking though.

acananoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20221007_173835.jpg
:(

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20221007_173835.jpg
Oh man that sucks, sorry.
Looks like a blood bath. :(

JJ440

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20221007_173835.jpg
Sorry to hear…hopefully you are able to bounce back.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't see the results, it was just a link to triton analysis home page...
Not sure what the problem is. I can see it when I click on the link. I attached a .pdf version.

Maybe lighting or flow? Stray voltage? Temperature swings?
My guess is was likely lighting/flow. Temp is fairly stable in the 77-79 range. I don't think it's stray voltage, but maybe. The tank is plugged into an outlet that is further down the line from a GFCI, so I figured it would have tripped. I don't know a lot about electrical stuff, so that could be wrong. What would I need to get to check that?

Attachments

• Frag Tank - October 13, 2022 (B-0BW8k7).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 20

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back