##### Picture Entry: BC BLOOD BANK GROW-OUT CONTEST #####

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh totally! I am an open book when it comes to this stuff! I see par at roughly 300-700 with 450 definitely being the average over most. And in general I have not seen any dramatic changes in anything really after being swapped around to different lighting and let me tell you I do it often . Frags and colonies alike get shuffled around pretty regularly. Having said that, frags mayhem response different based on other factor under the same par respectively. I generally say if its working for you then don't make any massive changes to your system in an effort to emulate mine.

Heres a brief write up that hits on this subject a bit.

Anyone else please don't hesitate if you have any questions at all.

And as long as I got you guys, a little update on shipping. I am going to start contracting people around the end of next week to start setting up ship dates. Going to go through my list in order of the orders placed, and try to do it in blocks of 10-15 a day so we can get them all out in or around the same week.

Also, I have been asked a few times now about adding on. It's never too late to add anything at all and save shipping. From individual pieces to battleboxes. If anyone is interested. All the up to the actual ship day, No problem my end at all.
Nice, I asked about par on the first page and didn't get a good response. LOL. Good to know, I got a good spot where I'm going to put it on the lower end of par. Eh, I may have to bump it up some, we'll see.
So looking at about the 1st of the month for the frags to come?

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone received frags yet?
And as long as I got you guys, a little update on shipping. I am going to start contracting people around the end of next week to start setting up ship dates. Going to go through my list in order of the orders placed, and try to do it in blocks of 10-15 a day so we can get them all out in or around the same week.
He sent that this week. So we are looking at last week of August/early September delivery.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post 10% water change this morning. Mr. Tang making an appearance.
20220820_120939.jpg

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I also call my yellow-eye kole tang "Mr. Kole tang". Tank looks great!
Thanks! There were quite a few more corals earlier this year, but unfortunately a family emergency kept me from being able to take care of the tank and I lost them. It's been nearly 6 months and I couldn't bring myself to buy more coral after losing so much, but I had to jump in on this contest. I can't quit @Battlecorals; it's my guilty pleasure.

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! There were quite a few more corals earlier this year, but unfortunately a family emergency kept me from being able to take care of the tank and I lost them. It's been nearly 6 months and I couldn't bring myself to buy more coral after losing so much, but I had to jump in on this contest. I can't quit @Battlecorals; it's my guilty pleasure.
My tank also hit a rough patch this year, but it's really hard to stop buying battleboxes... :upside-down-face:

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Guys,

I definitely need to clear this one up before stuff starts going out today. Regarding T-shirts. Originally I planned on custom shirts for the winners, 1st, second and 3rd place, then that morphed into the idea that everyone gets a shirt which I love. But after all the chips were counted, this was not feasible in any way on my end. So, I had to designate a limited number of contestants that will in fact get shirts and everyone else will get a sticker of the same image.

Please realize that this is a bonus regardless and not originally considered included as part of the entrance fee. Believe me when I say I really wanted to make everyone a shirt. But resources would not allow for it based on the initial 100.00 flat fee you guys paid, factoring in the frag, materials, shipping and contribution to the winners prize packs. Totaling 1k for 1st and 500.00 for 2nd place. Ultimately there just wasn't enough in the pot to make this happen as much as I wanted it to.

However, if you really want a shirt please contact me through email and I'm sure we can work something out. The first 10 boxes are shipping today for sure and the rest of the heap will ship next week Mon, Tues and Wednesday. Please check your spam folder if you do not see tracking info by the morning of the day your box is shipping. then do get flagged every now and then. And if you don't see any tracking at all, please email me right away and we'll confirm I've got you on schedule.

Thanks again!

Adam

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see this become an annual, maybe bi annual? thing.
And the winner to get an R2R badge for it.
I like that, maybe increase the cost slightly so we could get a fund going to a charity of some kind. I would have happily paid 200 if half is going to a good cause.

Back