##### Picture Entry: BC BLOOD BANK GROW-OUT CONTEST #####

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wasn't able to in time I guess, still waiting on a reply to a follow up from Monday

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tempted to run some kind of real time monitoring on my tanks but I would probably perpetually fiddle with things and cause more harm than good :p
No harm in fiddling with increasing pH as long as it doesn't jump up too high. Unless you have a Trident, the things the base unit measures aren't as important as long as you have a finger on the pulse of the system (minus pH IMO).

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my previous pic already counted, but in case not.
@Reefing102 @BranchingHammer
@lynn.reef.nerd
9BD9C554-C497-486B-8E64-D6EB8127EA4F.jpeg

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're tempting me...
Totally not trying to do that...especially by telling you I just made 40 gallons of new saltwater that I'm going to use with the DOS for auto water changes. It'll last 2 months doing a 1.25% daily water change before I have to refill it.

OP
OP
lynn.reef.nerd

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow ... I see that a lot of you guys already started on your October pics!!! Looking good guys. I'll update entry list once we get closer to the end of october and send out reminders for folks so they don't miss the October date! Thank you everyone.

OP
OP
lynn.reef.nerd

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wait does this mean I could have entered, or that I was close in line? Too late I’m sure?
I think she means September 30th was the last day to get in for a picture.
You would have contacted her asap when she sent this.

I'm not sure if Adam is still ok. Hit up @Battlecorals to see if he still have any left. I don't think he does unfortunately.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh okay. I figure I might as well share a pic of my frag. Not everyone's frag can look great. This isn't my October entry. I still have 28 more days for that :cool:. It will make the comeback story that much better. The frag took a dive this last week and a half. I was noticing diminishing colors and then burnt tips and necrosis at the base. I suspected too high of light and flow, so I turned down both, whipped out the trusty par meter, and adjusted the height of the lights and intensity to where the tank varies from 200-300 par in the middle to top of the tank. All of the corals are looking better now. Some people may be able to run their systems with crazy high par, but my tank seems to like lower(ish) par. I may wind up clipping the tips eventually if they don't recover, but I'm gonna let it settle in, color up a bit more, and encrust before I even think of that.

20221003_175348.jpg

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh okay. I figure I might as well share a pic of my frag. Not everyone's frag can look great. This isn't my October entry. I still have 28 more days for that :cool:. It will make the comeback story that much better. The frag took a dive this last week and a half. I was noticing diminishing colors and then burnt tips and necrosis at the base. I suspected too high of light and flow, so I turned down both, whipped out the trusty par meter, and adjusted the height of the lights and intensity to where the tank varies from 200-300 par in the middle to top of the tank. All of the corals are looking better now. Some people may be able to run their systems with crazy high par, but my tank seems to like lower(ish) par. I may wind up clipping the tips eventually if they don't recover, but I'm gonna let it settle in, color up a bit more, and encrust before I even think of that.

20221003_175348.jpg
I'm rooting for ya!

Back