##### Picture Entry: BC BLOOD BANK GROW-OUT CONTEST #####

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

acananoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lynn.reef.nerd @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer
Here is my submission for October:
20221025submission.JPG

Bonus comparison picture, the angle isn't exactly the same but I tried to scale everything so it's close. Some encrusting growth. I also had the light held in the front instead of behind for better picture quality. No side picture bonus since I didn't feel like moving stuff to get a clear view. 9-1, 9-30, 10-25 dates on photos.
2month.png

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 3ish days left to get your pics in guys. This is what I have so far. Let me know if I missed ya. @lynn.reef.nerd @BranchingHammer

User
Pic?
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
X​
@IKD
X​
X​
X​

Justdrew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
lynn.reef.nerd

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not much change on mine, but maybe not too surprising given my lack of experience with acros. . . But hey, it’s still not dead! And I have seen a little bit of growth at the base:
4D5EFADE-75DF-49F3-A9C1-911702FF0E1A.jpeg

also, not sure if I mentioned it but I did change out the frag plug, hope that’s ok. The original ended up growing some hydroids on it and I though it safer just to toss the plug.

Last edited:

acananoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much change on mine, but maybe not too surprising given my lack of experience with acros. . . But hey, it’s still not dead! And I have seen a little bit of growth at the base:
4D5EFADE-75DF-49F3-A9C1-911702FF0E1A.jpeg

also, not sure if I mentioned it but I did change out the frag plug, hope that’s ok. The original ended up growing some hydroids on it and I though it safer just to toss the plug.
The little white stringy guys? I spotted one on my plug and it was gone by the next day, I think I might have something that likes to eat them, no idea what though. I had a bunch a few years ago when I set my tank up and they just kind of went away without any form of biological or physical control. Interesting little creatures my zoanthids did not appreciate them though.

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm absolutely not winning this contest.

Between pH fluctuations (impacting alk consumption that I narrowed down to indoor CO2 from cooking with natural gas, not sure how to stop it without an ERV) to temperature control problems (AC quit on us a few weeks ago, had to get it replaced) to general "newish tank" stuff (like hydroids and several empty ATO containers that I've solved by adding a level sensor for the ATO integrated with an Apex alarm). And I added another Neptune Sky, a mesh cover, a Maxspect 2k Gyre, and swapped out my return pump for a COR15 and finally got around to replacing the restrictive 1/2" return pipe with a 1" today.

But oh well, it's all part of the hobby.

PE has been relatively poor lately but at least it's growing at the base.

October_22_Submission.jpg

@lynn.reef.nerd @BranchingHammer @Reefing102

Last edited:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back