##### Picture Entry: BC RAINDROP ON ROSES GROW-OUT CONTEST #####

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lynn.reef.nerd I have to purchase a new ruler, I only have a tape measure at the moment which has chemicals on it I don't want near the tank.
I got the frag Thursday, is tomorrow/Sunday ok for my first 3 days? I did post a photo of the frag immediately after placing in the tank, just not sure if Sunday is too far out or it will be ok?

I would say the rules are pretty clear. A photo must be posted 3 days of receiving the frag for your first months photo, and must have a ruler. So that would be Sunday for your 3rd day. So you should be good. But hey it’s Lynn’s ship I’m just a passenger

Last edited:

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lynn.reef.nerd I have to purchase a new ruler, I only have a tape measure at the moment which has chemicals on it I don't want near the tank.
I got the frag Thursday, is tomorrow/Sunday ok for my first 3 days? I did post a photo of the frag immediately after placing in the tank, just not sure if Sunday is too far out or it will be ok?
I can’t speak for @lynn.reef.nerd but I know in the Bloodbank contest we were fairly lenient. That said, there’s also nothing in the rules saying the pic has to be taken in water (I believe there was one in the last contest that measured out of the water). Just trying to give an option

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my frag on Thursday (10/27/22), and here is the official initial entry from today. Horrible quality pick but it'll work for now haha. Frag came in looking amazing with polyps out @Battlecorals!

Official entry for October 2022:
Initial entry 10:29:22.png

@BranchingHammer
@lynn.reef.nerd
@Reefing102

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here is my entry submission + I guess October as well :)
The ruler is not the best but I think it will work! I am new to SPS but happy with the polyp extension on my frag, the color is still very pale/brownish with a hint of pink/purple on the polyps. As long as it seems to be doing well I will raise it up into an area of higher PAR.
I moved the flow around a little to be more on the frag rack and it seemed to like that.

Once I get it mounted in a more permanent spot I know my photos will go downhill rapidly.. haha

@lynn.reef.nerd
@BranchingHammer
@Reefing102

IMG_2987.JPG

OP
OP
lynn.reef.nerd

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty excited to see how this turns out! RoR at center frame. lynn.reef.nerd @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer f

PXL_20221014_142408412.NIGHT.jpg
November Photo attached.... I know it's early I had a bad concussion last week and it's taking a while to get better, and I just remembered, so I don't want to forget again!

Attachments

• PXL_20221105_194722410~2.jpg
    PXL_20221105_194722410~2.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 46

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp I'm out. I woke up to a bone white coral. Rtn'd. I have no clue what could gave happened. All others are fine. Good luck to everyone.
Oh no!!
I have been slowly increasing my lighting and mine hasn't colored up at all but has good polyp extension so I am hoping it will hang in there

Chee-tomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Oregon Grown Reef sorry to hear about your frag.

I've been slowly ramping up my lights too but am slowly loosing polyp extensions. Color still looks brown almost purple now with a little green around the base. All the other corals around it seem to be doing great with the additional light so I'll keep ramping till target.

I will post my official pic later this month. Hoping to see return of polyps and for a nice picture.

@Chris Spaulding what do you use for camera? Your frag is a stunner!

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Oregon Grown Reef sorry to hear about your frag.

I've been slowly ramping up my lights too but am slowly loosing polyp extensions. Color still looks brown almost purple now with a little green around the base. All the other corals around it seem to be doing great with the additional light so I'll keep ramping till target.

I will post my official pic later this month. Hoping to see return of polyps and for a nice picture.

@Chris Spaulding what do you use for camera? Your frag is a stunner!
Thank you .It is an Iphone 11 Pro with a Orphek orange filter. Par at the frag is 225 but by next month will be moved to 500+

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back