##### Picture Entry: BC RAINDROP ON ROSES GROW-OUT CONTEST #####

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
roses love GIF by LAZY MOM

This thread will be used for monthly submissions of frag pictures.
Discussions are welcomed but please TAG ME @lynn.reef.nerd, @Reefing102, and @BranchingHammer when you post pictures so we can easily track status.

A reminder of the rules:
1) Competition will last for 1 year (365 days from when you receive your piece)
2) The 1st month submission must be within 3 days of receiving your frag.
3) The last submission must be 365 days from receiving your frag or sooner. NOT later

4) A ruler must be against your frag for every months’ submission picture.
5) A picture must be submitted by the end of the month, every month.
** You can submit anytime during the month but it must be submitted by the last day of the month.
** You are allowed to miss 1 month of entries. If you miss more than 1 month you will be disqualified.
** I will try my best to track and send you a reminder but there are no guarantee.
** A post will be made by the 7th day of the next month on who will continue.

6) You can remove the coral from the plug and mount it anywhere that you choose. If placed on a disk it can be moved around the tank.
7) Adam from @Battlecorals will pick 3 winners to go to a voting process open to the public.
8) The prize will be based on the number of entries. The prize will be split and will be a gift certificate to BATTLECORALS depending on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place.
Feel free to PM me or @Battlecorals with any questions regarding the contest.

Good luck!!!!

Example Post:

@lynn.reef.nerd @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer

Official picture for October 2022.

1659401717183.png

Of course I hope yours is NOT DEAD and in your tank ....

Chee-tomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna post mine incase I forget. First time doing this competition so let me know if I'm missing anything.

The frag is right at 1" and has already encrusted the top face of the plug. Since it's already encrusted, I've clipped the stem and glued it to the spot I have made for it - front and center of my R250.

@lynn.reef.nerd
@Reefing102
@BranchingHammer

@Chee-tomorpha
Received on 10/11/22
Initial picture (within 3 days of receiving)

PXL_20221011_203715861.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:

llowry87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna post mine incase I forget. First time doing this competition so let me know if I'm missing anything.

The frag is right at 1" and has already encrusted the top face of the plug. Since it's already encrusted, I've clipped the stem and glued it to the spot I have made for it - front and center of my R250.

@Chee-tomorpha
Received on 10/11/22

Don't forget to tag @lynn.reef.nerd @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer for each monthly submission

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so excited for this contest!! I have never kept SPS though so I am a little nervous I will be the first one out. But determined to give it my best shot!
You've got this! I'm still not sure if my tank is 100% ready for acros. I haven't killed any in a couple of weeks...so I'm doing better than previous attempts. I added some more rock in the sump for surface area for bacteria to grow. This is a barebottom system with minimal rock in the display itself. Not sure if that's gonna help since it's only been a week, but I figure it can't hurt.

Chee-tomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got this! I'm still not sure if my tank is 100% ready for acros. I haven't killed any in a couple of weeks...so I'm doing better than previous attempts. I added some more rock in the sump for surface area for bacteria to grow. This is a barebottom system with minimal rock in the display itself. Not sure if that's gonna help since it's only been a week, but I figure it can't hurt.
I'm in the same boat. My best with an acro was a green tip birds nest. This time around I've been able to keep a few acros from dying.

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@lynn.reef.nerd
@Reefing102
@BranchingHammer

@Chee-tomorpha
Received on 10/11/22

Another RSM 250 in the mix. Let's go!

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine has also encrusted the plug, which I am very happy with. When I left tonight for work, I started to see some extension of the polyps, Hoping tomorrow will be the coming out party!! Super stoked to see what this one turns into. Mine is in a 375 gallon display, 700 total gallon system. I just recently really started seeing positive signs that I am on the right road. Just need to keep moving that direction.

Good luck all!!

Enchanted Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! here is my frag entry photo. Currently at the 1 inch mark. It will be going into a 265 g system. Currently place about the midpoint of the aquarium but will move it up as time passes. I clipped the bottom of the frag plug and mounted it on a removable disc I made that allows me to move it around my rock scape as I please.
@lynn.reef.nerd
@Reefing102
@BranchingHammer

Attachments

• 3922F0CB-B9E4-4A57-8DE0-3C41B1EEDA0D.jpeg
    3922F0CB-B9E4-4A57-8DE0-3C41B1EEDA0D.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 157
Back