Pictures of mature colonies in aquariums?

XRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My search skills are clearly lacking... So, to set the stage... I'm planning on setting up my first reef aquarium early next year, and I'm researching as much as I can between now and then. One of the things I'm having a tough time pinning down are what, exactly, all these frags and very small colonies I keep seeing are going to look like a couple/few years down the line as they mature (assuming I'm successful with them, obviously).

I look at TOTM pics, and pics of other great tanks here and on social media, etc, but they hardly come with a labeled diagram of what's what :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: And I can't seem to find a post or set of posts with pics of identified mature colonies...

Am I dense (probably), or just haven't looked in the right place, or.... ???

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome
29B98A14-FD36-4393-A96D-402730CE0B9F.gif

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It would b best to see what corals interest you and what type of system u want to achieve. Then compare the frag w a colony via a coral identification and place it according to system design, aqua scape, lighting and flow.

OP
OP
XRe

XRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not even close totm material but this milka stylo and green monti were grown from frags. .
AD2D9357-439E-4737-9577-EC921021F636.jpeg
Ah, thanks - all the green in the lower left? Is that all the same Monti colony? Monti cap’s plating behavior is relatively easy to spot, but I’ve not seen enough to know if it also forms what you’ve got there, or if that’s another Monti or even something else?

Back