Pink japanese nephthea.. Do these even exist anywhere?

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on my wish list of corals for a few years. back when I was looking it was $100 for a frag now its $160 :O
Yeah its a pricey one! One still at unique corals site!

giphy.gif

I am absolutely head over heels for the piece... cannot wait for when its grown out

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a shame they arent pink under blues! I never realized that until someone showed a pic of his tank with barely andy blues and it was a gorgeous pink then with blues it turned blue! I run my blues at 80 percent! I have been looking for unique corals to get one in and they are the only company I know that offers free shipping with 150.00 purchase! I have an order coming from them now and they have one I can add to it! But did someone mention free shipping! Need to know asap because my order goes out next week!

Unique corals has a write up online about how it was given to the owner and it being a rare piece so I have thought of fragging and selling. They said all you need to do Is cut off a branch. Is it that easy and are they slow growers? Only thing I have ever fragged is zoas but hope to get much better at this. My growth has been so slow in my tank!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a shame they arent pink under blues! I never realized that until someone showed a pic of his tank with barely andy blues and it was a gorgeous pink then with blues it turned blue! I run my blues at 80 percent! I have been looking for unique corals to get one in and they are the only company I know that offers free shipping with 150.00 purchase! I have an order coming from them now and they have one I can add to it! But did someone mention free shipping! Need to know asap because my order goes out next week!

Unique corals has a write up online about how it was given to the owner and it being a rare piece so I have thought of fragging and selling. They said all you need to do Is cut off a branch. Is it that easy and are they slow growers? Only thing I have ever fragged is zoas but hope to get much better at this. My growth has been so slow in my tank!

Japanese Pink Nephthea is easy to frag. Cut off a small branch, let it sit with some rubble in a basket with a bit of flow, and it will attach. Similar to cespitularia, etc.

It is a reasonable grower, not slow at all but steady. It is a great coral.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine farmers has them frequently. For 109.00 and shipping at 49$. UC has 3 wysiwyg for 99.00 and shipping at 25$. Marine farmers actually has a great selection of soft corals. Found a Palau Green Nepthea there. That thing glows!!!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine farmers has them frequently. For 109.00 and shipping at 49$. UC has 3 wysiwyg for 99.00 and shipping at 25$. Marine farmers actually has a great selection of soft corals. Found a Palau Green Nepthea there. That thing glows!!!

Marine farmers is a great source. In fact that was my source for mine.

Great coral.

etphi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I don’t ship, but could work something out if you’re local to Dallas.

I recommend picking one up from Unique (where I got mine). They update their site Friday afternoons so check there. It’s usually about $125.
Hi! I know this is an older post, but was wondering if you have any frags available. I’m also in DFW

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back